Error loading TCP MIB Library combined with peer to peer sharing i

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgTWlsbHM=?=, Sep 29, 2006.

  1. I have a user that is using Windows XP Pro SP2 fully patched. He has a local
    HP K500 Office Jet attached via USB attempting to share peer to peer (no
    tcpip port being used). Everytime he boots the PC he gets an error (no
    identifying charachteristics on the error window) that says "Error loading
    TCP MIB Library". I searched MS KB and only found one article that indicates
    a 3rd party version of several dll's might be in the root of the %system%
    folder and conflicting with the MS versions of the same dll's in the system
    32 folder. Problem is none of those dll's are found in the windows root
    folder.

    I have one other problem that may be related but I am not sure. If I share
    the printer peer to peer, I then get another boot error that the network
    drives (mapped) can not be found. If I do not share the printer I do not get
    that error.

    Only other PC on the network is a W2K with SP4 fully patched. Any ideas or
    suggestions would be very much appreciated.

    --

    Jerry Mills

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgTWlsbHM=?=, Sep 29, 2006