    hard drive. The only hardware that I have connected to the motherboard are my
    ATI Radeon 9100 PCI graphics card, CD burner, and hard drive. Does anyone
    have any idea what may be causing my problem? Thanks!

    =?Utf-8?B?RW5peGlsZQ==?=, Jul 21, 2005

  2. You sure the hard disk is connected properly?
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 21, 2005

  3. Re: "Error Loading Operating System" After X64 CD Install and Rebo

    I believe so... the motherboard recognizes it and its size properly... does
    that means its connected properly? I have it connected as my single master
    hard drive.

    =?Utf-8?B?RW5peGlsZQ==?=, Jul 21, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RW5peGlsZQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Leave the cd in place.

    John Barnes, Jul 21, 2005
  5. Re: "Error Loading Operating System" After X64 CD Install and Rebo

    I left the CD in originally, but it booted itself and wanted me to go back
    through the process of what I've already done. I also tried changing so the
    CD boots after hard drive (and I left the CD in)... I still have the same
    error.

    =?Utf-8?B?RW5peGlsZQ==?=, Jul 21, 2005
  6. Re: "Error Loading Operating System" After X64 CD Install and Rebo

    Do you have more than one optical drive connected? Try installing XP Pro x64
    from the other optical drive (if you do have one) and see if the
    installation goes as planned. I still say something is not connected
    properly or its possible a corrupt hard disk.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 21, 2005
  7. Re: "Error Loading Operating System" After X64 CD Install and Rebo

    I should hope the hard disk isn't corrupt, I just purchased it... and I did
    have Windows XP 32-bit edition running on it fine... and optical drive? You
    mean like a CD or DVD drive? I have two in the case, but I only have a CD
    burner connected to the motherboard, which I'm using the for the Windows
    disk. I will try my DVD burner now.

    =?Utf-8?B?RW5peGlsZQ==?=, Jul 21, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?RW5peGlsZQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Re: "Error Loading Operating System" After X64 CD Install and Rebo

    What motherboard are you using and what chipset does it have. Also are you
    using RAID? Does the BIOS show the hard drive correctly? Have you tried to
    fix the partition boot sector or MBR using recovery console. Also what are
    the specifics of your drive. One drive only or multiple drives?

    John Barnes, Jul 21, 2005
  9. Re: "Error Loading Operating System" After X64 CD Install and Rebo

    I am using a GIGABYTE GA-8IPE775-G motherboard... I'm not exactly sure what a
    chipset is... does that have something to do with built in graphics? My
    motherboard doesn't have integrated graphics, I use an ATI Radeon 9100 128MB
    RAM PCI graphics card. When it turns on it says something about an Intel
    thing which might be the chipset? Not really sure, I will check, but right
    now I'm trying to install Windows XP x64 by my DVD drive... so I can't.
    ....but I have only one hard drive (120GB) and two optical drives (Master: CD
    burner, Slave: DVD burner). I did try using the fixboot features of the
    recovery console, no luck.

    =?Utf-8?B?RW5peGlsZQ==?=, Jul 21, 2005
  10. Re: "Error Loading Operating System" After X64 CD Install and Rebo

    I forgot to say I'm not sure what RAID is... so I donno if I am using it.

    =?Utf-8?B?RW5peGlsZQ==?=, Jul 21, 2005
  11. Re: "Error Loading Operating System" After X64 CD Install and Rebo

    ....sorry, but I didn't make it clear when I said something about the chipset:
    "When it turns on it says something about an Intel
    thing which might be the chipset?" I was refering to the computer turning
    on, not the graphics card.

    =?Utf-8?B?RW5peGlsZQ==?=, Jul 21, 2005
  12. Re: "Error Loading Operating System" After X64 CD Install and Rebo

    Rudundancy Arrary of Independent Disk, this would mean you have more more
    than one hard disk set up in configuration to be seen as only one. As for
    Optical disk, yes, I mean either CD, DVD or Rewritable.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 21, 2005
  13. Re: "Error Loading Operating System" After X64 CD Install and Rebo

    I am only using one hard disk. So no, I'm not using RAID.

    =?Utf-8?B?RW5peGlsZQ==?=, Jul 21, 2005
  14. Re: "Error Loading Operating System" After X64 CD Install and Rebo

    I finished trying to install Windows XP x64 with my other optical drive (DVD
    burner) and it gives me the same message, even with the disk inserted. "Press
    any key to boot from CD.....Error loading operating system". Any suggestions
    on what I could try next or what the problem still might be?

    =?Utf-8?B?RW5peGlsZQ==?=, Jul 21, 2005
  15. Re: "Error Loading Operating System" After X64 CD Install and Rebo

    Is it possible for you to do a repair install? Since the XP Pro x64 is
    install already on the hard disk, its just that its not bootable. Just run
    the setup off the disk again and choose a repair install during text based
    setup.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 21, 2005
  16. =?Utf-8?B?RW5peGlsZQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Re: "Error Loading Operating System" After X64 CD Install and Rebo

    What info is listed in your boot.ini also, are both ntldr and ntdetect.com
    present in your %sysroot%
    You can check this in recovery console which you appear with.

    John Barnes, Jul 21, 2005
  17. Re: "Error Loading Operating System" After X64 CD Install and Rebo

    John, yes, both NTDETECT.COM and ntldr are in the root of my hard disk... and
    what do you need to in my boot.ini/how would I check that.

    Andre, yes, I can get into the repair install. What should I do there?

    =?Utf-8?B?RW5peGlsZQ==?=, Jul 21, 2005
  18. =?Utf-8?B?RW5peGlsZQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Re: "Error Loading Operating System" After X64 CD Install and Rebo

    I think the command is bootcfg /list but if that doesn't show the contents
    do a bootcfg /? and find the command that will display the contents of the
    boot.ini also while you are there do a bootcfg /scan and make
    sure where it shows the Windows OS drive/partition . It must match the
    entry in the default which should look something like this

    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL X64
    VERSION

    John Barnes, Jul 21, 2005
  19. Re: "Error Loading Operating System" After X64 CD Install and Rebo

    Do what John just said. ;)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 21, 2005
  20. Re: "Error Loading Operating System" After X64 CD Install and Rebo

    ....I managed to get it to work with a different hard drive (the only other
    one I had available.). Unfortunately, its a 2GB hard drive, and quite old. I
    have no idea why my brand new one won't work. I'm going to check the jumper
    settings now... anyone have any clue?

    =?Utf-8?B?RW5peGlsZQ==?=, Jul 21, 2005