    next?
    I also looked for the Paprport folder that MS said was causing the
    shell32.dll problem, but was unable to find it.

    Jeff Shealey, Jun 23, 2003

  2. Jeff Shealey

    °Mike° Guest

    The file shlwapi.dll is the wrong version, and needs
    replacing. First of all, try reverting back to the
    previous version of I.E. from Control Panel /
    Add\Remove programs.

    If you don't have that option, extract shlwapi.dll from
    the Windows CD, and if that still doesn't help, you
    probably need to extract shell32.dll also - you will
    have to visit windows update once you have done this.

    How to extract original compressed windows files
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;129605

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 00:23:15 GMT, in
    <TLrJa.63983$Fa6.43057@sccrnsc02>
    Jeff Shealey scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jun 23, 2003

  3. Jeff Shealey

    Jeff Shealey Guest

    When I said I ran setup again, I actually meant that I tried to revert to
    the previous version of IE. When you say to extract shlwapi.dll and/or
    shell32.dll, do I extract them to the \Windows\System folder?
    Also, should installing ME in the same location be an option if all else
    fails.

    Jeff Shealey, Jun 23, 2003
  4. Jeff Shealey

    Jeff Shealey Guest

    Windows will not start, so everything has to be done from DOS, and System
    Restore will not run in DOS, so my options here are limited.

    Jeff Shealey, Jun 23, 2003
  5. Jeff Shealey

    °Mike° Guest

    Restore the shlwapi.dll to the system folder in DOS.
    If that doesn't work, restore shell32.dll, too.

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 01:56:46 GMT, in
    <y7tJa.61632$hz1.146600@sccrnsc01>
    Jeff Shealey scrawled:

    >Windows will not start, so everything has to be done from
    >DOS, and System Restore will not run in DOS, so my options
    >here are limited.
    >
    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Yes, they need to be extracted to the system folder.
    >> shell32.dll will be 'in use', and you may need to
    >> replace it from DOS (use a Win98 boot floppy).
    >>
    >> Install the OS over the top of itself may (only MAY)
    >> help. It's also highly possible that wrong version
    >> files may be retained.
    >>
    >> Do you have a restore point that you could revert to?

    <snip>

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jun 23, 2003