    Tried installing twice and got same error both times. I have win xp pro on C
    drive
    no problems rebooting to that after install error.

    =?Utf-8?B?bWFya3Vz?=, Jun 10, 2006

  2. Two likely sources - a bad DVD or a hardware problem. If it's a bad DVD, it
    could be a bad download or a bad burn. I'd start with the burn, that's the
    easy one. If it's a hardware problem, RAM is the most likely, but could be a
    bad cable or connection as well. Also, make sure you're not overclocking
    during the install.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 10, 2006

  3. before i burn another copy is there a checksum or way to verify download?

    =?Utf-8?B?bWFya3Vz?=, Jun 10, 2006
  4. I use the one from Ahead Nero
    http://ww2.nero.com/nero6/eng/Nero_MD5_Verifier.html

    Here are the MD5/CRC values for x86 or x64 depending on which every ISO you
    downloaded:

    x86
    - File Size = 3.12 GB (3,355,598,848 bytes)
    - CRC Value = 0x67E089E0
    - MD5 Value = 0E733AB1A8E8FF9A8684FD3639332773
    x64
    - File Size = 4.01 GB (4,309,368,832 bytes)
    - CRC Value = 0x48697711
    - MD5 Value = E43502D0A15EADD551119D5639859E04

    Paste the MD5 Checksum for either x64 or x86 depending on which one you want
    check in Step 1, Step 2 - Browse to where you stored the ISO on your drive
    and open it and it will automatically start the varification process and
    generate the has in the third field, if it matches Step 1, then you are
    safe.

    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 10, 2006
  5. I tried the nero tool, but it would not accept the iso, so i got one from
    http://www.blisstonia.com/shareware/WinMD5/
    it is a gui but requires .net 2.0
    anyway thanks for the MD5 values, that was a big help

    =?Utf-8?B?bWFya3Vz?=, Jun 11, 2006