    1.0.2? I am not of the computer generation so please make your reply
    simple to follow. Thanks.

    , Mar 25, 2005

  2. Guest

    wrote:
    > I am trying to install Firefox 1.0.2 over 1.0.1. At the beginning of
    > the installation I get the error message "Error Installing Eng-US
    > Language Packs, 208 Invalid Arguements", then the install seems to

    lock
    > up. How can I get out of this to complete the installation of Firefox
    > 1.0.2? I am not of the computer generation so please make your reply
    > simple to follow. Thanks.

    Just a further point. When I now click on my Firefox icon on my
    desktop, the Firefox 1.0.2 start page seems to come up ( after clicking
    on Help-about) to verify, but the install never came about as far as I
    can see. Confusing!! Thanks.

    , Mar 25, 2005

  3. Re: Error Installing Eng-US Language Packs, 208 Invalid Arguements,Firefox 1.0.2

    wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I am trying to install Firefox 1.0.2 over 1.0.1. At the beginning of
    >>the installation I get the error message "Error Installing Eng-US
    >>Language Packs, 208 Invalid Arguements", then the install seems to

    > lock
    >
    >>up. How can I get out of this to complete the installation of Firefox
    >>1.0.2? I am not of the computer generation so please make your reply
    >>simple to follow. Thanks.

    > Just a further point. When I now click on my Firefox icon on my
    > desktop, the Firefox 1.0.2 start page seems to come up ( after clicking
    > on Help-about) to verify, but the install never came about as far as I
    > can see. Confusing!! Thanks.

    Download a fresh copy of the exe installer. Uninstall the old version
    first, from Add/Remove Programs. Then install the new version.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Mar 26, 2005
  4. Guest

    Thanks, Lee. However, when I went to uninstall Firefox 1.0.1 from the
    program folder, (there was no listing in A/R), I got a window saying
    "Do you want to uninstall Firefox 1.0.2 + all of its components?"
    Somehow the install of 1.0.2 seems to have taken place. Everything is
    working fine. Perhaps, I ought not to tempt fate!! Perhaps it just
    installs the necessary new components. Thanks again, Ken.

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >>I am trying to install Firefox 1.0.2 over 1.0.1. At the beginning

    of
    > >>the installation I get the error message "Error Installing Eng-US
    > >>Language Packs, 208 Invalid Arguements", then the install seems to

    > > lock
    > >
    > >>up. How can I get out of this to complete the installation of

    Firefox
    > >>1.0.2? I am not of the computer generation so please make your

    reply
    > >>simple to follow. Thanks.

    > > Just a further point. When I now click on my Firefox icon on my
    > > desktop, the Firefox 1.0.2 start page seems to come up ( after

    clicking
    > > on Help-about) to verify, but the install never came about as far

    as I
    > > can see. Confusing!! Thanks.
    > >

    > Download a fresh copy of the exe installer. Uninstall the old

    version
    > first, from Add/Remove Programs. Then install the new version.
    >
    > Lee

    , Mar 26, 2005
  5. Re: Error Installing Eng-US Language Packs, 208 Invalid Arguements,Firefox 1.0.2

    wrote:
    > Thanks, Lee. However, when I went to uninstall Firefox 1.0.1 from the
    > program folder, (there was no listing in A/R), I got a window saying
    > "Do you want to uninstall Firefox 1.0.2 + all of its components?"
    > Somehow the install of 1.0.2 seems to have taken place. Everything is
    > working fine. Perhaps, I ought not to tempt fate!! Perhaps it just
    > installs the necessary new components. Thanks again, Ken.
    >
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:

    > of

    >>>lock

    > Firefox

    > reply

    >>>Just a further point. When I now click on my Firefox icon on my
    >>>desktop, the Firefox 1.0.2 start page seems to come up ( after

    > clicking
    >
    >>>on Help-about) to verify, but the install never came about as far

    > as I
    >
    >>>can see. Confusing!! Thanks.
    >>>

    >>Download a fresh copy of the exe installer. Uninstall the old

    > version
    >
    >>first, from Add/Remove Programs. Then install the new version.
    >>
    >>Lee

    No, its a complete reinstall. Any program files you had were overwritten
    by new copies.

    Does A/R have a listing for 1.0.2? If it does, and 1.0.2 is working
    fine for you, leave well enough alone, by all means.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Mar 26, 2005
  6. Guest

    Lee. There is no A/R listing for 1.0.2. However, in the Uninstall
    Folder within the Firefox Program Folder, when I click on the Uninstall
    Icon, I get a window asking if I want to uninstall 1.0.2 + all of its
    components. Of course, I click NO. As you suggest then leave well
    enough alone if everything is working well. Somehow the install has
    taken place. Thanks.

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Thanks, Lee. However, when I went to uninstall Firefox 1.0.1 from

    the
    > > program folder, (there was no listing in A/R), I got a window

    saying
    > > "Do you want to uninstall Firefox 1.0.2 + all of its components?"
    > > Somehow the install of 1.0.2 seems to have taken place. Everything

    is
    > > working fine. Perhaps, I ought not to tempt fate!! Perhaps it just
    > > installs the necessary new components. Thanks again, Ken.

    > > of

    > > Firefox

    > > reply

    > > clicking

    > > as I

    > >>Download a fresh copy of the exe installer. Uninstall the old

    > > version
    > >
    > >>first, from Add/Remove Programs. Then install the new version.
    > >>
    > >>Lee

    > No, its a complete reinstall. Any program files you had were

    overwritten
    > by new copies.
    >
    > Does A/R have a listing for 1.0.2? If it does, and 1.0.2 is working
    > fine for you, leave well enough alone, by all means.
    >
    > Lee

    , Mar 26, 2005
  7. Re: Error Installing Eng-US Language Packs, 208 Invalid Arguements,Firefox 1.0.2

    wrote:
    > Lee. There is no A/R listing for 1.0.2. However, in the Uninstall
    > Folder within the Firefox Program Folder, when I click on the Uninstall
    > Icon, I get a window asking if I want to uninstall 1.0.2 + all of its
    > components. Of course, I click NO. As you suggest then leave well
    > enough alone if everything is working well. Somehow the install has
    > taken place. Thanks.
    >
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Thanks, Lee. However, when I went to uninstall Firefox 1.0.1 from

    > the
    >
    >>>program folder, (there was no listing in A/R), I got a window

    > saying
    >
    >>>"Do you want to uninstall Firefox 1.0.2 + all of its components?"
    >>>Somehow the install of 1.0.2 seems to have taken place. Everything

    > is
    >
    >>>working fine. Perhaps, I ought not to tempt fate!! Perhaps it just
    >>>installs the necessary new components. Thanks again, Ken.

    >>>of

    >>>Firefox

    >>>reply

    >>>clicking

    >>>as I

    >>>version

    >>No, its a complete reinstall. Any program files you had were

    > overwritten
    >
    >>by new copies.
    >>
    >>Does A/R have a listing for 1.0.2? If it does, and 1.0.2 is working
    >>fine for you, leave well enough alone, by all means.
    >>
    >>Lee

    Well, if there is no Add/Remove listing at all, something is not right.
    Were it my machine, I would download a fresh copy of the installer,
    uninstall as you described, making sure the program files folder was
    deleted, then install from the new copy.

    But that's me. If your installation is behaving, you can certainly
    keep. I would recommend being careful with the next upgrade, though.
    (I think there is a 1.0.3 coming).

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Mar 26, 2005