    manifest file." I have no idea what this means. Can anyone help me fix
    it?

    , Jul 18, 2007

  2. Ponder Guest

    Hiya .

    In <news:> you wrote:

    > I just installed Google desktop, but a little over halfway through the
    > installation process, an error box appeared saying "Google Desktop
    > failed to install properly." I tried to install it again but a box
    > appeared saying "Google Desktop is already installed on this
    > computer." I looked in C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop and sure
    > enough it was already installed. I opened Google desktop and
    > everything started up fine, untill I tried to add gadgets to the
    > sidebar. It kept saying "Failed to register gadget, please check
    > manifest file." I have no idea what this means. Can anyone help me fix
    > it?

    Can you use System Restore to back up to before you installed Google
    Desktop? If so, do so and never be tempted again ;)

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, Jul 18, 2007

  3. Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 04:04:58 +0000, bensima wrote:

    > I just installed Google desktop, but a little over halfway through the
    > installation process, an error box appeared saying "Google Desktop
    > failed to install properly." I tried to install it again but a box
    > appeared saying "Google Desktop is already installed on this computer."
    > I looked in C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop and sure enough it
    > was already installed. I opened Google desktop and everything started up
    > fine, untill I tried to add gadgets to the sidebar. It kept saying
    > "Failed to register gadget, please check manifest file." I have no idea
    > what this means. Can anyone help me fix it?

    Yes. Uninstall it and don't ever give in to the temptation to install it
    ever again.

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007.1 and Ubuntu 7.04