    wirelessly....however, cannot connect to the main computer.....in the network
    connections window, when you click on the connection...it says "ethernet card
    unplugged"....what has caused this to happen and how can I get it reconnected?

    =?Utf-8?B?QndpbGw5OTQ0?=, Mar 19, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QndpbGw5OTQ0?= <> wrote in
    news:D:

    > From: =?Utf-8?B?QndpbGw5OTQ0?= <>
    > Subject: Error - Ethernet card unplugged
    > Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:37:02 -0800
    > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless
    >
    > We set up a wireless network today and got it working...able to
    > connect to the internet, and able to play a game together on the two
    > computers. Then our Broadband internet connection went down. That is
    > back, and able to connect back to the internet on the computer that is
    > connected to the network wirelessly....however, cannot connect to the
    > main computer.....in the network connections window, when you click on
    > the connection...it says "ethernet card unplugged"....what has caused
    > this to happen and how can I get it reconnected?

    Not knowing what hardware you've used to setup your network, I can only
    make a guess at what's going on. Here's what I recommend:

    1. Shut down all of your computers.
    2. Unplug your modem from the power source for about a minute or two;
    and if you are using a wireless access point that is separate from your
    modem, unplug that from the power source as well.
    3. Plug the modem back in (then the wireless access point, if separate
    from the modem).
    4. Turn on the computer that is attached to the modem.
    5. Turn on the other computers.

    This process will generally correct addressing issues that cause these
    types of problems, especially when connectivity is lost with the ISP.

    --
    Brit Weston, Microsoft

    Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is my online
    account name for newsgroup participation only.

    rights.

    Brit Weston [MS], Mar 22, 2005