    You can configure your network manually or you can run the wizard again with
    different settings "

    Can someone assist? I can't figure out whta's wrong. Thanks!

    =?Utf-8?B?d2VzdGVybnN1bg==?=, Jun 18, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    "westernsun" <> wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >I have 2 computers connected to a router. I succesfully set up the home
    >office network on Computer A which connects directly via cable to the router.
    >But Computer B, which connects via wireless to the router, kept giving me
    >this error message when I tried setting up the home network:
    >
    >" an error occurred during configuration of the network on this computer.
    >You can configure your network manually or you can run the wizard again with
    >different settings "
    >

    >Can someone assist? I can't figure out whta's wrong. Thanks!

    Run the Network Setup Wizard again. If it detects a shared Internet
    connection, tell it to use that connection. Otherwise, tell it that
    the computer connects to the Internet through a residential gateway.

    If the Wizard still gives an error message, stop trying to use it.
    It's not necessary to use the Wizard.

    Does the computer connect successfully to the network? If so, you
    don't need to do anything else.

    Otherwise, make these network settings manually:

    1. Right-click My Computer, click Properties | Computer Name | Change,
    and set the computer name and workgroup name.

    2. Open the Network Connections folder and configure the wireless
    network connection to obtain an IP address automatically.

    3. Configure the wireless network connection with the settings for
    your router (SSID, encryption, etc).
    --
    Best Wishes,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com