    When I try to run a copy I get the error message "Error downloading
    CODEC" How can I tell when I'm supposed to do?
    , Jan 13, 2005

  2. FAQmeister Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:
    > When I try to run a copy I get the error message "Error downloading
    > CODEC" How can I tell when I'm supposed to do?

    There is a free program called Gspot that will tell you which codec you
    need for a particular media file and whether it's installed on your
    machine. The you can do a Google search and download the one you need.

    http://www.headbands.com/gspot/download.html
    --
    Buford T. Justice
    The alt.video.dvd faq is located at: