ERROR DISABLING CONNECTION

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?SmVzc2ljYQ==?=, Jul 27, 2006.

  1. ERROR DISABLING CONNECTION
    Hi, I am unable to disable/enable (depends on which mode I am in which I hav
    to set from the Configure button under Properties) the wireless LAN
    connection. I use to be able to but all of a sudden I cannot right click on
    the Wireless Network Connection and select Disable (or Enable). The Error
    Disabling Connection message I get is "It is not possible to disable the
    connection at this time. This connection may be using one or more protocols
    that do not support Plug-and-play, or it may have been initiated by another
    user or the system account." What is going on? How do I fix this. Right
    now I have to go into Properties --> under General tab select the Configure
    button and disable/enable from there. I want to be able to disable/enable b
    the usual method I used which is by right-clicking and enabling/disabling
    from there. Does it have to do with my Windows XP setup? When I bought my
    laptop last year, it came with Windows XP Pro and the internal Intel Pro
    Wireless LAN 2100 3B. I have been using the Linksys 802.11B for about a yea
    now - it worked fine with the right clicking to disable/enable it just until
    a few weeks ago. I did get a virus but that was cleaned up. I don't know
    what the IT guys did, but now I can't right-click to disable/enable wireless
    ..
    I CAN still right click to disable/enable Local Area Connection. So I don't
    know what is wrong with the Wireless Network Connection. Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVzc2ljYQ==?=, Jul 27, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SmVzc2ljYQ==?=

    Jeff Teel Guest

    I just discovered that I am having the same issue only on my wired LAN card.
    I'm getting the same error message that Jessica. I'm not sure when it
    started because I haven't needed to disable my LAN card for a few weeks. I
    have a laptop that is patched on the same schedule as the problem machine
    and I am able to disable the LAN card on it as normal. I can however
    disconnect the card by going to the Device Manager and disabling it there.

    Thanks
    Jeff

    Jeff Teel, Jul 28, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SmVzc2ljYQ==?=

    Guest

    Start - Run - Type "services.msc"

    Enable the Cryptographic Services.

    Jeff Teel wrote:
    > I just discovered that I am having the same issue only on my wired LAN card.
    > I'm getting the same error message that Jessica. I'm not sure when it
    > started because I haven't needed to disable my LAN card for a few weeks. I
    > have a laptop that is patched on the same schedule as the problem machine
    > and I am able to disable the LAN card on it as normal. I can however
    > disconnect the card by going to the Device Manager and disabling it there.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Jeff
    >
    > "Jessica" <> wrote in message
    > > ERROR DISABLING CONNECTION
    > > Hi, I am unable to disable/enable (depends on which mode I am in which I
    > > hav
    > > to set from the Configure button under Properties) the wireless LAN
    > > connection. I use to be able to but all of a sudden I cannot right click
    > > on
    > > the Wireless Network Connection and select Disable (or Enable). The Error
    > > Disabling Connection message I get is "It is not possible to disable the
    > > connection at this time. This connection may be using one or more
    > > protocols
    > > that do not support Plug-and-play, or it may have been initiated by
    > > another
    > > user or the system account." What is going on? How do I fix this. Right
    > > now I have to go into Properties --> under General tab select the
    > > Configure
    > > button and disable/enable from there. I want to be able to disable/enable
    > > the usual method I used which is by right-clicking and enabling/disabling
    > > from there. Does it have to do with my Windows XP setup? When I bought
    > > my
    > > laptop last year, it came with Windows XP Pro and the internal Intel Pro
    > > Wireless LAN 2100 3B. I have been using the Linksys 802.11B for about a
    > > yea
    > > now - it worked fine with the right clicking to disable/enable it just
    > > until
    > > a few weeks ago. I did get a virus but that was cleaned up. I don't know
    > > what the IT guys did, but now I can't right-click to disable/enable
    > > wireless
    > > .
    > > I CAN still right click to disable/enable Local Area Connection. So I
    > > don't
    > > know what is wrong with the Wireless Network Connection. Thanks.

    , Aug 20, 2006