    full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use."
    Firstly...how do i find out if it is full or write protected? And
    secondly.....how can i delete it??? Please help.............Ali x
    Alison Jones, Jun 29, 2003

  2. Alison Jones

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Alison Jones deftly scribbled:

    > Hi. Can anyone help? Got Win98 and downloaded file from kazaa lite.
    > Don't want or need this file now, but i can't seem to delete it!!!
    > Message appears
    >> "cannot delete setup launcher. Access is denied. Make sure disk is
    >> not

    > full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use."
    > Firstly...how do i find out if it is full or write protected? And
    > secondly.....how can i delete it??? Please help.............Ali x

    Make sure it's not running .. Ctrl - Alt - Delete and 'End Task' the app,
    then delete it .. ;)

    --
    ....................................Paul-xxx
    Paul - xxx, Jun 29, 2003

  3. Alison Jones

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Alison Jones continued:

    > Hi. Can anyone help? Got Win98 and downloaded file from kazaa lite.
    > Don't want or need this file now, but i can't seem to delete it!!!
    > Message appears
    >> "cannot delete setup launcher. Access is denied. Make sure disk is
    >> not

    > full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use."
    > Firstly...how do i find out if it is full or write protected? And
    > secondly.....how can i delete it??? Please help.............Ali x

    What is the file ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    Slumpy, Jun 29, 2003
  4. Alison Jones

    Alison Jones Guest

    The file is "grand theft auto vice city setup launcher.exe". Tried
    Ctrl/Alt/Delete that Paul suggested and there are 2 items that i am unsure
    of! All the rest i have seen before...bar these 2....E_srcv02 and E_s1t0a2.
    Don't want to delete the wrong one!!! Can anyone please let me know which
    one i can get rid of....or both!!! Thanks. Ali x

    Alison Jones, Jun 29, 2003
  5. Alison Jones

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Alison Jones continued:

    > The file is "grand theft auto vice city setup launcher.exe". Tried
    > Ctrl/Alt/Delete that Paul suggested and there are 2 items that i am
    > unsure of! All the rest i have seen before...bar these 2....E_srcv02
    > and E_s1t0a2. Don't want to delete the wrong one!!! Can anyone please
    > let me know which one i can get rid of....or both!!! Thanks. Ali x

    Ctrl/alt/delete doesn't delete anything it just closes that application.
    They are obviously related, so I'd shut them both down and try again.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    Slumpy, Jun 29, 2003
  6. Alison Jones

    Shep© Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 21:46:41 GMT, In this world we created "Alison
    Jones" <> wrote :

    >Hi. Can anyone help? Got Win98 and downloaded file from kazaa lite. Don't
    >want or need this file now, but i can't seem to delete it!!! Message appears
    >: "cannot delete setup launcher. Access is denied. Make sure disk is not
    >full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use."
    >Firstly...how do i find out if it is full or write protected? And
    >secondly.....how can i delete it??? Please help.............Ali x

    F8 bootup/Safemode and try from there.
    If not then you will need to know the dos name of the file and restart
    in msdos and navigate to the folder it's in and type
    deltree <filename> and press enter.

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,
    Shep©, Jun 29, 2003
  7. Alison Jones

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Alison Jones deftly scribbled:

    > The file is "grand theft auto vice city setup launcher.exe". Tried
    > Ctrl/Alt/Delete that Paul suggested and there are 2 items that i am
    > unsure of! All the rest i have seen before...bar these 2....E_srcv02
    > and E_s1t0a2. Don't want to delete the wrong one!!! Can anyone please
    > let me know which one i can get rid of....or both!!! Thanks. Ali x

    Ctrl - Alt - Del doesn't delete anything. Use End Task just shuts the app
    down .. ;)

    --
    ....................................Paul-xxx
    Paul - xxx, Jun 29, 2003
  8. Alison Jones

    °Mike° Guest

    If it's just a setup file, just reboot. You should be
    able to delete the file after that.

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:04:31 GMT, in
    <PnJLa.10786$>
    Alison Jones scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD
    °Mike°, Jun 29, 2003
  9. Alison Jones

    Alison Jones Guest

    Hi, me again. Closed both applications down, rebooted, and file still
    doesn't want to be deleted!!! Not even going to go into "safe mode" or
    msdos....not that confident!!! :)
    Thanks for all your help anyway guys, but i've got to go now. Will try again
    in the morning, so if anyone has any more suggestions, please post them. All
    help would be very much appreciated. Thanks again. Ali x

    Alison Jones, Jun 29, 2003
  10. Alison Jones

    °Mike° Guest

    Boot into DOS and change directory to where the file is.
    For instance, if it is on the desktop, type:

    cd c:\windows\desktop

    Now find out the DOS name of the file by typing:

    dir grand???.exe

    It will probably be named something like:

    grandt~1.exe

    Type:

    del grandt~1.exe (or whatever the name is)

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:54:49 GMT, in
    <Z6KLa.10838$>
    Alison Jones scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD
    °Mike°, Jun 30, 2003
  11. To all who are watching this thread:

    Just thought I'd help you all out. I also downloaded this file by
    mistake, and from my limited experience, my best guess is that this is
    some backdoor trojan created by a hacker who would one day like to use
    your computer in some sort of DoS attack. However, you can easily
    thwart him or her:

    This file cannot be deleted because it is running in the background as
    a process. You can either boot into DOS to delete it, or stop it from
    running when Windows starts (thereby allowing you to delete it on
    reboot) in this manner:

    Under the start menu, click "Run"
    type "regedit"
    open "hkey_local_machine"
    open "software"
    open "microsoft"
    open "windows"
    open "current version"
    click "run"
    delete the key that has the file name in the "data" area
    reboot
    delete the file

    I don't think that this file does any permenant damage, but it would
    probably be a good idea to get rid of it quickly. Please let me know
    if you have any other Q's. If I do find that more repair needs to be
    done to my system, I'll let you all know. Have a good day!

    Sincerely,
    Glen Friedman

    Glen Friedman, Jul 12, 2003
  12. Alison Jones