    Thank you

    --
    panehyiotis

    =?Utf-8?B?cGFuZWh5aW90aXM=?=, Apr 2, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cGFuZWh5aW90aXM=?=

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    Is the external drive formatted as a FAT16 or 32 volume? If so, the max
    file size is 4 GB - 1 byte. Convert the volume to NTFS.

    Tom
    MSMVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Tom Ferguson, Apr 2, 2007

  3. Thanks. It is a FAT 32 so I will convert it. Hope I can do that without
    loosing all my "stuff."
    --
    panehyiotis

    =?Utf-8?B?cGFuZWh5aW90aXM=?=, Apr 4, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?cGFuZWh5aW90aXM=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Yes you can. You need to run a command prompt convert d: /fs:ntfs
    where d is the drive letter you want to convert. If not in use it will
    happen immediately, otherwise when you next start the computer. You should
    at a minimum run defrag before you do so.

    John Barnes, Apr 4, 2007