    means??

    Many thanks

    Jess
    Jess, Sep 23, 2004

  2. Jess

    Doug Guest

    Jess,

    Normally that stop code is assosiate with bad drivers, or just a bad install
    of drivers. It is recommeded you get the latest motherboard drivers for your
    chipset

    www.viaarena.com for VIA or www.sis.com for SIS chipset.

    You can find this info by looking on your motherboard for a black chip
    usually around .75 inch in size all around and will says VIA or SIS on it

    Also make sure you have the latest drivers for your video and sound at the
    least.. I would start with Video drivers as they usually are the cause for
    this Stop code..

    IF using nVidia, it is very recommeded to get the latest VIA Hyperion Driver
    from the provided link (If your motherboard uses VIA chipset)

    Uninstall all drivers.. Install your motherboard drivers and go from there.

    // Doug
    Doug, Sep 23, 2004

  3. Jess

    why? Guest

    x-post with no followups set trimmed to 24HSHD from
    Newsgroups:
    24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer.workshop,alt.os.windows-xp

    On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:49:19 +0000 (UTC), Jess wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Performed a format of my hard drive because of numerous probs I've been
    >having lately and when I tried to reinstall XP all goes well until it gets

    Did the problems start after a patch, upgrade, software or hardware
    change.

    Ususally the best way to do this is take out any IO cards , modems, USB
    (or disable the USB/RAID controllers in BIOS) With just the minimum h/w
    need to boot / install i.e. video / cdrom maybe even only 1 stick of RAM
    or swap about if you have 2. Try reinstalling then after it boots
    (hopefully) okay. Reinstall cards, one at a time / reenable devices /
    try latest drivers. (download drivers onto CD now so you don't need to
    connect to the Internet without at lease SP1 / firewalls running.

    >to "set up is starting windows" then it just stops. Also I get the error
    >message "STOP 0X000000D1 (0X2236C998, 0X00000002, 0X00000001, 0X8235D8D4)

    Hooray error codes.

    Another important check is any device driver names listed, see this BSOD
    screen shot, from a post in 24hshd ( http://groups.google.com/ ) looking
    back at an old BDOS post.

    From: why? (fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz)
    Subject: Re: Installing Win XP
    Original Format
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Date: 2004-07-04 00:46:49 PST

    http://www.linux-user.de/ausgabe/2001/04/088-bluescreen/bsod-intro.gif

    I usually don't bother with the section CPUID to Address.

    The big clue is usually a driver name at the end of the lines under
    Address.

    (The above is a NT4 screen shoot, I assume XP format is very much the
    same)

    >Although I tried looking on the Microsoft explanation page I'm non the
    >wiser!!

    Just the one? Which one, might save repeat answers.

    http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

    >Does anyone have a clue how to decipher these codes and if so what it all
    >means??

    Try checking only the casue/resolution text of the MS articles, a google
    search finds the stop codes for you.

    Once you have a selection of articles then you have to check what
    situation applies to you. 317326 is USB and 810980 Logitech mouse.

    www.google.com search for Stop 0x000000D1 and the 1st code in brackets.

    The 3rd link below, has some text which may give another clue,
    For additional troubleshooting suggestions that apply to all Stop
    errors, see "Stop Message Checklist" later in this appendix.

    * Stop 0xD1 messages can occur after installing faulty drivers or
    system services. If a driver is listed by name, disable, remove, or roll
    back that driver to confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact
    the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is
    especially important for backup programs, multimedia applications,
    antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.

    317326 - Stop 0x000000D1 Error Message When You Turn Your Computer ...
    .... or more universal serial bus (USB) devices attached to it, you may
    receive the following
    error message on a blue screen: Stop 0x000000D1 (0x00000040, 0x00000002
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317326 - 12k - Cached - Similar pages

    810980 - "STOP 0x000000D1 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Kbdclass.sys" ...
    ... try to shut down your computer, you may receive a STOP error
    message on a blue screen
    that is similar to the following: STOP 0x000000D1, (0x0000002b,
    0x00000002 ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810980 - 14k - Cached - Similar
    pages
    [ More results from support.microsoft.com ]

    Microsoft Windows XP - Stop 0x000000D1 or ...
    Stop 0x000000D1 or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. The Stop 0xD1 message
    indicates
    that the system attempted to access pageable memory ...
    www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/reskit/prmd_stp_ottj.asp
    - 9k - Cached - Similar pages

    Windows XP Stop messages
    .... Service on Windows-XP Based Computer. Stop 0x000000D1 or
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. The Stop 0xD1 messages indicates that the
    www.updatexp.com/stop-messages.html - 71k - 21 Sep 2004 - Cached -
    Similar pages

    Good sites for Windows issues.
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/
    http://www.aumha.org/

    Me
    why?, Sep 23, 2004
  4. Jess

    Captain Ron Guest

    Make sure you have the latest bios installed for your motherboard.

    Captain Ron, Sep 24, 2004
  5. Jess

    why? Guest

    x-post cut to 24hshd.

    On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 08:00:59 -0500, Captain Ron wrote:

    >Make sure you have the latest bios installed for your motherboard.

    No. Unless it's fixing a specific documented problem on the mobo support
    site.

    >"Doug" <> wrote in message
    >> Jess,
    >>
    >> Normally that stop code is assosiate with bad drivers, or just a bad
    >> install of drivers. It is recommeded you get the latest motherboard
    >> drivers for your chipset
    >>
    >> www.viaarena.com for VIA or www.sis.com for SIS chipset.
    >>
    >> You can find this info by looking on your motherboard for a black chip
    >> usually around .75 inch in size all around and will says VIA or SIS on it

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Sep 24, 2004
  6. Jess