    connect and gives me the error code 0z0000046a. I have seen some posts
    about this same problem, but never an actual resolution. So I am hoping
    somone can help me. PLEASE!!!

    Clean Right Co, Jan 29, 2008

  2. You may try to setup local printer first and remap it as network printer.
    This search result may help. Please post back with the result.

    Vista Print IssuesInstallation of printer in Vista receive a error message
    .... Many Vista printer issues are solved by installing the printer as a
    Local Printer ...
    www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistaprint.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Jan 29, 2008

  3. Robert,
    Sorry, but I'm kind of computer illiterate. Do you mean that I should try
    to set it up on my laptop as a Local Printer? And if so, does this mean I
    will need to actually hook it up with a cable? Also, if this is so, I only
    have the software for my XP.

    Thank you,
    Erica

    Clean Right Co, Jan 29, 2008
  4. No, you don't need to connect the printer to the Vista. However, if you do,
    it may help. The link I posted has many details. Please post back with the
    result.

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Jan 29, 2008
  5. Robert,
    OK, went to your link provided, seems many people are having the same
    problem! I tried the local port. I new have the Printer in my laptop's
    printers, but when I try to add a new local port with the
    \\computername\printername, it says the network name is invalid. It is the
    name of the computer that my printer is hooked up to. So?!! Now what? Any
    suggestions?

    Clean Right Co, Jan 30, 2008
  6. The local port is lpt1 or lpt2.

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Jan 30, 2008
  7. Yes, I went through port lpt1. When I put the information in,
    \\computername\printername through port lpt1. No Go! It says that the
    Network name is wrong.

    Clean Right Co, Jan 31, 2008
  8. Do you have a space between printer and name? Post back with the result of
    net view \\computername. Also this post may help too if it is name
    resolution issue.

    Network path could not be found when adding networ printer
    http://chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=3209

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Jan 31, 2008