    Does anyone know what this means?

    Thanks

    Jon
    jon, Aug 28, 2008

  2. jon

    Ragnar Guest

    Google for "How to repair Error 40"
    HTH
    R.

    Ragnar, Aug 28, 2008

  3. jon

    jon Guest

    No luck.
    Tried all sorts of searches and found nothing.

    Any idea what PPY is/means?

    My hard disk is now no good but I get this error on boot up without this
    disk connected as well and I have also disconnected the floppy and cd/DVD
    drives.

    Thanks

    Jon

    jon, Aug 29, 2008
  4. jon

    Paul Guest

    jon wrote:
    > No luck.
    > Tried all sorts of searches and found nothing.
    >
    > Any idea what PPY is/means?
    >
    > My hard disk is now no good but I get this error on boot up without this
    > disk connected as well and I have also disconnected the floppy and cd/DVD
    > drives.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Jon

    PPY disk error (40) = FLOPPY disk error... ?
    Maybe the letters "FLO" got thrown away.

    I'd go into the BIOS and disable the floppy controller,
    or have a look at the settings being used. On some older
    motherboards, there can be options for different kinds of
    floppy drives.

    Paul

    Paul, Aug 29, 2008