  1. Trying to install and after I press F6to load raid dvr's, setup stops and I
    get the error code 7.After talking to asus 14 times, I returned the mobo, and
    got an abit. same issue, so its not the board. Also pulled mem ect.

    =?Utf-8?B?bWJhcm5l?=, Aug 26, 2006

  2. Please provide some details about your system, and detail which drivers
    you're trying to load.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 26, 2006

  3. Sure, Thanks' mobo ABIT KN8 SLI,cpu AMDathlon 64 X2, mem 2 sticks OCZ 1 gb
    each ddr400, 2 wd hard drives. Error ocures at the press F6 to load raid
    driver point of windows install. Same error I got on the ASUS board I
    returned. I was able to complete 32 bit install with raid 0.Thanks for your
    help.

    =?Utf-8?B?bWJhcm5l?=, Aug 26, 2006
  4. OK, which drivers did you use for the 64bit install? You press F6 and it
    prompts you? Or you press F6 and it reboots before you get to the prompt for
    the drivers? (clarity is essential here, since timing is telling us where to
    look)

    Also, remove ANY USB devices except keyboard or mouse.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 26, 2006
  5. I press F6, then I get the error and can not go any further. The system dosnt
    reboot it just says, press f3 then I'm out of set up. The only devices
    connected are, mouse, keyboard, hard drives, FDD . No USB ect. bare mim.

    =?Utf-8?B?bWJhcm5l?=, Aug 26, 2006
  6. I did'nt use any drivers as setup wont let me. I would have used the NVRAID
    64bit driver disk that shipped with the motherboard

    =?Utf-8?B?bWJhcm5l?=, Aug 26, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?bWJhcm5l?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Since that error usually has an error message with it, why don't you give
    the rest of the information.

    John Barnes, Aug 26, 2006
  8. "File /AMD64/ ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded. The error code is 7. Setup
    cannot continue. press any key to exit."

    =?Utf-8?B?bWJhcm5l?=, Aug 26, 2006
  9. OK. So, what's the source of the CD you're using, and what controller is the
    drive attached to. I'm betting that it's a SATA CD/DVD drive, and I'm
    guessing you're going to have to plug in a pure IDE CD drive to get the
    install to run. Beyond that, if you burned the CD yourself, then it could be
    a bad burn. And even a manufactured CD can be bad.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 26, 2006
  10. Mbarne:
    For x86, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318729/en-us indicates that a bios
    conflict or defective ram could cause this. X64 has been ram sensitive
    compared to x86. Another possibility is that if you’re installing x64 from a
    downloaded ISO image that the image is corrupt.

    Dennis Pack x64, v64B2 \(5384\), OPP2007B2, Aug 26, 2006
  11. I got the CD from my sister in law who is a microsoft certified gold partner.
    She had extra license so it is a legal copy. Drive is attached to IDE 1, I
    dont belive it's a SATA drive, but I'll check. Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?bWJhcm5l?=, Aug 26, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?bWJhcm5l?=

    John Barnes Guest

    You still don't say whether it is a burned copy or a manufactured CD. Very
    unlikely anyone would attach an IDE port, so you can forget that and
    concentrate on a bad burn/CD (as Charlie suggested) or bad memory (from
    x64's standpoint) as suggested by Dennis.
    Have you tried reading the file with a file integrity program.

    John Barnes, Aug 26, 2006
  13. Issue resolved, it was a bad burn. Thank You all very much for your help.

    =?Utf-8?B?bWJhcm5l?=, Aug 27, 2006