Error code 22 when using F6 to install third party RAID Driver

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Nicholas Lessard, Dec 1, 2007.

  1. Hi there,

    Can somebody tell me what means "Error code is 22" when you want to
    install a third party RAID driver when installing Windows XP?

    My system (an ECS RC410L/800-M (V2.0) with a Pentium D 2.8GHZ Supporting
    EM64T) runs fine on the 32 bit version of Windows XP (and installs fine too)
    when I use the drivers supplied on the driver CD that came with my
    motherboard.

    Now I want to upgrade to the 64 bit version of this OS (U use SolidWorks
    and the 64 bit version is better for performance and stability). There is a
    64 bit bersion of the RAID driver for that board on the motherboard CD but I
    can't use it to install my RAID driver, I always get that message : "File
    \ia64\si3112r.sys could not be loaded. The error code is 22.". This is the
    same story if I try the lastest drivers from Silicon Image. I wrote to ECS
    about this issue and they never gave me an answer.

    Now I have Windows XP x64 and SolidWorks CDs in front of me but I can't
    do anything with them. What is the meaning of "Error code 22" and how can I
    avoid it? What do you suggest?

    P.S. Note that XP 64bit installs fine when I install it on a simple IDE
    drive; the RAID driver installs properly from within Windows and my RAID
    array is perfectly recognized. The problem happens when I want to install XP
    64 on THAT array. I want to keep my RAID configuration for performance
    purposes.

    Thanks for your replies.

    regards,

    Nico

    Nicholas Lessard, Dec 1, 2007

  2. Nicholas Lessard

    Carlos Guest

    NIcholas,
    A quick look at your extensive description reveals that the problem lies in
    the driver itself:
    "File ia64\si3112r.sys " shows that you are using the wrong 64-bit driver.
    That is the one for the 64-bit Itanium and you should be using the one for
    64-bit AMD, usually located in a folder named AMD64, which corresponds to the
    EM64T version (Pentium and AMD).
    Best of luck.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 1, 2007

  3. It means there isn't a suitable driver found. Looking at your message, it
    looks like you're pointing to an Itanium driver (ia64 directory). These will
    not work in Windows x64 Editions. You need drivers in the amd64 directory.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 1, 2007