    PxMas.dll: 1.6.14.507
    PxWave.dll: 1.6.14.507
    PXWMA.dll: 1.0.0.3

    AmyGG, Oct 17, 2005

  2. AmyGG

    AmyGG Guest

    "AmyGG" <> wrote in message
    news:5pB4f.1059$...
    >I have tried using Nero and Record Now to burn a disk but it errors
    >after a couple of minutes. Here is the last error I received on Record
    >Now:

    Here is the end of my log with Nero:

    00:36:55 #29 SCSI -1135 File Cdrdrv.cpp, Line 1436
    SCSI Exec, HA 1, TA 0, LUN 0, buffer 0x03F90000
    HA-Status 0x00 (0x00, OK)
    TA-Status 0x02 (0x01, SCSI_TASTATUS_CHKCOND)
    Sense Key: 0x03 (KEY_MEDIUM_ERROR)
    Sense Code: 0x0C
    Sense Qual: 0x00
    CDB Data: 0x2A 0x00 0x00 0x01 0x33 0x92 0x00 0x00 0x1B 0x00 0x00 0x00
    Sense Data: 0x71 0x00 0x03 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x0A
    0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x0C 0x00

    00:36:55 #30 CDR -1135 File Writer.cpp, Line 311
    Write error

    00:36:55 #31 Text 0 File ThreadedTransfer.cpp, Line 228
    all writers idle, stopping conversion

    00:36:57 #32 Text 0 File ThreadedTransfer.cpp, Line 222
    conversion idle, stopping reader

    00:36:57 #33 Phase 38 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1832
    Burn process failed at 8x (1,200 KB/s)

    00:36:57 #34 Text 0 File AudioCompilationImpl.cpp, Line 867
    DRM: DRM burn session terminated.

    00:36:57 #35 Text 0 File AudioCompilationImpl.cpp, Line 896
    DRM: Closing entire DRM handling. Bye.

    AmyGG, Oct 17, 2005

  3. AmyGG

    dadiOH Guest

    AmyGG wrote:
    > I have tried using Nero and Record Now to burn a disk but it errors
    > after a couple of minutes. Here is the last error I received on
    > Record Now:
    >
    > Sense: 03 ASC: 0C ASCQ: 00 (Command 2A)

    That error code is a "Write error"...for some unspecified reason it
    can't write to the CD. You might try a different brand of blanks.
    Could be the drive itself too. Other things...

    Is DMA enabled for the drive (Device Manager, select CD drive,
    Properties)? If not, enable it.

    Try a slower write speed

    Close down other running apps

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Oct 17, 2005
  4. AmyGG

    AmyGG Guest

    "dadiOH" <> wrote in message
    > AmyGG wrote:
    >> I have tried using Nero and Record Now to burn a disk but it errors
    >> after a couple of minutes. Here is the last error I received on
    >> Record Now:
    >>
    >> Sense: 03 ASC: 0C ASCQ: 00 (Command 2A)

    > That error code is a "Write error"...for some unspecified reason it
    > can't write to the CD. You might try a different brand of blanks.
    > Could be the drive itself too. Other things...
    >
    > Is DMA enabled for the drive (Device Manager, select CD drive,
    > Properties)? If not, enable it.
    >
    > Try a slower write speed
    >
    > Close down other running apps

    Thanks for your reply. It is enabled in DMA and I tried burning it at the
    lowest speed possible with no other apps running. Guess I need a new cd
    writer!

    AmyGG, Oct 17, 2005
  5. AmyGG

    dadiOH Guest

    AmyGG wrote:
    > "dadiOH" <> wrote in message
    >> AmyGG wrote:
    >>> I have tried using Nero and Record Now to burn a disk but it errors
    >>> after a couple of minutes. Here is the last error I received on
    >>> Record Now:
    >>>
    >>> Sense: 03 ASC: 0C ASCQ: 00 (Command 2A)

    >> That error code is a "Write error"...for some unspecified reason it
    >> can't write to the CD. You might try a different brand of blanks.
    >> Could be the drive itself too. Other things...
    >>
    >> Is DMA enabled for the drive (Device Manager, select CD drive,
    >> Properties)? If not, enable it.
    >>
    >> Try a slower write speed
    >>
    >> Close down other running apps

    > Thanks for your reply. It is enabled in DMA and I tried burning it at
    > the lowest speed possible with no other apps running. Guess I need a
    > new cd writer!

    I'd try a different brand of blank discs first.

    --
    dadiOH

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Oct 17, 2005
  6. AmyGG

    AmyGG Guest

    "dadiOH" <> wrote in message
    > I'd try a different brand of blank discs first.

    Done that too. I have two brands of disks that used to work ok but all of
    a sudden they don't work anymore.

    AmyGG, Oct 17, 2005