Error Beep Code question

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Shawn, Mar 6, 2006.

  1. Shawn

    Shawn Guest

    Hi all.

    I have a Compaq Pressario 1800 series laptop.
    It occasionally refuses to boot.
    It just occurred to me that it beeps when it doesn't boot and doesn't
    beep when it does.
    Then I thought, duh, it's part of the POST.
    So I did some research and have some questions.

    The BIOS Manufacturer is Phoenix Version 4.06.
    I get one log beep and two short ones then the pc stops.
    One of the references I found suggested that this was a video card or
    motherboard error.

    I went to the Phoenix website and they say the error code is as
    follows:
    "Search for option ROMs. One long, two short beeps on checksum failure"

    Anybody know what this means or have any thoughts or suggestions?

    Thanks in advance.
    Shawn

    Shawn, Mar 6, 2006