    occurred while the wizard was checking the current Windows product license.
    Error Code: 0x80070013 ". Can anybody suggest what I do about this? Can I
    just use "system restore"?

    eugene, Jul 10, 2007

  2. eugene

    Guest

    "eugene" <> wrote:

    >I had a power failure this morning and when I tried to restart my computer,
    >it kept shutting down as soon as it started up? I got a very quick message
    >telling me that the PC could not find my license number. I finally got
    >started up in safe mode and then using the "last configuration that worked".
    >But I tried shutting down and restarting and I still have the same problem
    >and have to revert to safe mode. Here is the error message I got, "An error
    >occurred while the wizard was checking the current Windows product license.
    >Error Code: 0x80070013 ". Can anybody suggest what I do about this? Can I
    >just use "system restore"?

    Reads like when you booted up after the power failure, CHKDSK ran and
    fixed your Hard Drive, removing an important file.

    If Restore doesn't work:

    First make sure all files are visible
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html#winxp

    Assuming your OS is on C drive, look in the folder C:\FOUND.000
    (this is where CHKDSK places bad files it finds)

    It's possible to find what file was placed there, and replace it - if
    you can't then:

    You might try a repair of your OS
    done right you keep all your settings.

    --