    there is no connection or that a cable may be unplugged.

    Other than stopping using Hibernate, is there a way to reolve these 7011
    timeout errors please.

    Simon, Mar 1, 2008

  2. It could be a 3rd party security software issue. This post may help too.

    Event ID 7011 - Netman service
    http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?p=5369#5369

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Mar 1, 2008

  3. Simon

    Simon Guest

    Thanks for this. The error messages are intermittent and don't happen every
    time the PC wakes up from hibernate. The only 3rd party programs running
    would be Ccleaner, IE7, AVG antivirus and Windefender. Are any of these
    likely suspects?

    My suspicion is that there is an inherent problem with Hibernate. I seem to
    recall reading somewhere on the internet that Hibernate can cause serious
    issues for certain PCs running XP Home. Interestingly I have had Hibernate
    disabled for the past 36 hours and used Standby and Power Off instead. For
    the first time in weeks I haven't had any 7011 errors in this period.

    Thanks again for your time and interest.

    Simon, Mar 4, 2008