    Incomparible version of the RPC stub"

    I have tried 'googling' this problem and have had no joy with anything I
    have found. Any ideas?
    Neil Greenough, Sep 25, 2004

  2. Neil Greenough wrote:

    > I am using Windows 98 SE and Internet Explorer v. 5.50.
    >
    > Whenever I try to 'find' within a page in Internet Explorer, I receive the
    > following message:-
    >

    > "An error has occured in the dialogue
    >
    > - Error 48
    >
    > Incomparible version of the RPC stub"
    >

    > I have tried 'googling' this problem and have had no joy with anything I
    > have found. Any ideas?

    Try Google again with "incompatible" instead of "incomparable". Be
    careful what a spellchecker does to your sentences.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 25, 2004

  3. Neil Greenough

    Unk Guest

    On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 15:05:54 +0000 (UTC), "Neil Greenough"
    <> wrote:

    >I am using Windows 98 SE and Internet Explorer v. 5.50.
    >
    >Whenever I try to 'find' within a page in Internet Explorer, I receive the
    >following message:-
    >

    >"An error has occured in the dialogue
    >
    >- Error 48
    >
    >Incomparible version of the RPC stub"
    >

    >I have tried 'googling' this problem and have had no joy with anything I
    >have found. Any ideas?

    First of all, you're running an old version of IE. You should update it.
    http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
    https://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp

    Here's how to stop the script error messages:
    Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options. Click The "Advanced"
    tab, Scroll down to "Browsing", check "Disable Script Debugging", uncheck
    "Display a notification about every script error", click "Apply", "OK"
    Unk, Sep 25, 2004