Error 441 Header line too long.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Geopelia, May 20, 2011.

  1. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    I keep getting the message unable to post Error 441 Header line too long.

    Outlook Express, eternal-september. XP nz.general newsgroup. Broadband.

    I've tried shortening the subject line, and taking out all three names etc
    of previous posters. I tried breaking those up into shorter lines, same
    result.
    Still the same message. Which is the Header line anyway?

    I've googled error 441 and there is a limit to the characters, but I can't
    see anywhere I have exceeded anything. It's a fairly short post and all my
    other posts today have had no trouble.

    (Error 441 on Google brought up a dangerous page first, huge warning in red
    letters. I didn't open it.)

    I've tried restarting the computer.

    Any simple ideas I could try please? Otherwise I will rewrite the message
    and see what happens.

    Thank you
    Geopelia
    Geopelia, May 20, 2011

  2. In message <ir4f8t$8ov$>, Geopelia wrote:

    > I keep getting the message unable to post Error 441 Header line too long.

    My guess is the “References†line has become too long. Were you trying to
    reply to the latest in a long line of postings?

    Unfortunately, you cannot normally edit this header line. For what it’s
    worth, KNode (which is what I mostly use) has a similar bug.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 20, 2011

  3. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    > In message <ir4f8t$8ov$>, Geopelia wrote:
    >
    >> I keep getting the message unable to post Error 441 Header line too long.

    > My guess is the "References" line has become too long. Were you trying to
    > reply to the latest in a long line of postings?
    >
    > Unfortunately, you cannot normally edit this header line. For what it's
    > worth, KNode (which is what I mostly use) has a similar bug.

    I'm only the third person there. Also I removed all the first bit to see if
    it would post, but it didn't work.

    I'll just post again and see what happens.
    Thank you
    Geopelia, May 20, 2011