    bank's web site. I also get the error whenever I am at a retail site when I
    click the "view my cart" or "checkout" buttons. Seems to be happening with
    my ebay account(won't grant access) too. Thanks for any ideas or advice.
    Flabius, Feb 1, 2004

  2. Flabius

    Sultan Guest

    Sultan, Feb 1, 2004

  3. Flabius

    °Mike° Guest

    Your version of OE is WAY out of date, so I presume
    your Internet Explorer is also out of date. Upgrade
    to IE6 SP1, and OE6.

    First port of call is:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.asp

    Then upgrade:

    November 2003 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/03-048.asp

    Outlook Express
    April 2003, Cumulative Patch for Outlook Express (330994)
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/330994/default.asp

    On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 16:24:07 GMT, in
    <GK9Tb.204154$na.335119@attbi_s04>
    Flabius scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 1, 2004
  4. Flabius

    Gee Guest

    "Flabius" <> wrote in message
    > Hello-
    > I am running Win98SE and IE6. I am having a problem with IE giving me the
    > error 403-Forbidden message whenever I try to logon to my account at my
    > bank's web site. I also get the error whenever I am at a retail site when

    > click the "view my cart" or "checkout" buttons. Seems to be happening with
    > my ebay account(won't grant access) too. Thanks for any ideas or advice.

    Contact the IT tech support of your bank. They are usually aware of any
    problems to do with the site, and you may just need to install/upgrade some
    additional software, or they may need to reset your account.
    Gee, Feb 1, 2004
  5. Flabius

    Juan Pérez Guest

    Check the security levels in IE and your firewall; they may be set too
    high. Just a thought.

    --
    Juan
    RB deux