  1. Does anyone know what error 2550 in Windows XP Pro is?
    That´s the problem:
    I have a small office network with 2 Windows XP, 1 Windows 98se and 1 Windows 2000 Pro, everything works great but if I try to use My network places in 1 of my Windows XP the system hangs up, if I use the UNC path in the run box there´s no problem. I checked in services and I notice that the browser service is down and if I try to enable it gives me an error: 2550
    =?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVs?=, Dec 24, 2003

  2. ----- Daniel wrote: -----

    I have a small office network with 2 Windows XP, 1 Windows 98se and 1 Windows 2000 Pro, everything works great but if I try to use My network places in 1 of my Windows XP the system hangs up, if I use the UNC path in the run box there´s no problem. I checked in services and I notice that the browser service is down and if I try to enable it gives me an error: 2550

    Couple of things:
    I am not even going to ask if you have Service Pack 1a installed, with hotfixes. Do I need to ask? Tell me I don't?
    From a command prompt, does "net view" generate an error? This is a port conflict issue, which unfortunately supports the notion that your XP machines are not very well patched, since this error has been fixed already....
    Do you have Netbios enabled? Use settings from the DHCP server is not the same thing.
    Do you have File and Print sharing enabled on the XP machines? Without a tick in the box is not the same thing.
    There is the possibility of reaching connection limits with null sessions:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328459&Product=winxp

    In any case, when you solve the "cannot start browser service" issue, this problem will likely go away.
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFya28=?=, Dec 24, 2003