    back far enough. I've also tried everything listed on the Microsoft site that
    addresses this issue.

    Has anyone else been able to fix this problem?
    =?Utf-8?B?T2dtZWlzdGVy?=, Jan 28, 2006

  2. Combination of things here, you are either running a BETA version of Windows
    XP Professional x64 or you don't have the latest version of the Windows
    Installer 3.1 installed.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...a18d-35581c42eca0&displaylang=en&Hash=YYCGHT7
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jan 28, 2006

  3. I never had the beta; I downloaded a free upgrade then reinstalled/updated it
    when the media arrived.

    I downloaded and installed Windows Installer 3.1 (not for the first time),
    but I still have the same problem.

    Could it be anything else?

    =?Utf-8?B?T2dtZWlzdGVy?=, Jan 28, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?T2dtZWlzdGVy?=

    John Barnes Guest

    GIYF. If you google this you will have a number articles which have an
    number of possible solutions.
    Error 1719: Windows Installer Service

    John Barnes, Jan 28, 2006
  5. Google is how I found the fix on the Microsoft site. I've tried every
    solution I've found, but no success.

    =?Utf-8?B?T2dtZWlzdGVy?=, Jan 28, 2006
  6. Hi,
    I dont know wether it fits your problem.

    Are your installation files in directory with very long names and /or
    special signs ( + _ space ) ??

    Try to install from a simpler directory ( like c:\inst ).

    regards jk
    Juergen Kluth, Jan 28, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?T2dtZWlzdGVy?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Do you get any messages in your event logs? Your problem is similar to one
    I had when trying to install .net 2.0 update. I went thru Microsoft and the
    process involved many steps including a number of registry changes (mostly
    changing permissions by right clicking on the keys). I will see if I have
    the process copied down somewhere or a saved email. I won't be able to
    search until later. Good luck.

    John Barnes, Jan 28, 2006
  8. I hadn't thought of that, but nothing changed when I tried it.

    Thanks,
    Steve

    =?Utf-8?B?T2dtZWlzdGVy?=, Jan 30, 2006
  9. I haven't checked the event logs, but I'd appreciate any help you can find.

    Thanks,
    Steve

    =?Utf-8?B?T2dtZWlzdGVy?=, Jan 30, 2006
  10. Hello,
    What resolutions did you try from the Microsoft site?
    for example:
    315346 "Error 1719: The Windows Installer service could not be accessed"
    error message when you try to add or remove a program
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;315346

    This only talks about 32-bit Windows.
    With 64-bit Windows, you may also have to run msiexec /regserver from
    within the syswow64 folder.

    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: =?Utf-8?B?T2dtZWlzdGVy?= <>
    <Subject: Re: Error 1719: Windows Installer Service
    <Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 05:10:27 -0800
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <"John Barnes" wrote:
    <
    <> Do you get any messages in your event logs? Your problem is similar to
    one
    <> I had when trying to install .net 2.0 update. I went thru Microsoft and
    the
    <> process involved many steps including a number of registry changes
    (mostly
    <> changing permissions by right clicking on the keys). I will see if I
    have
    <> the process copied down somewhere or a saved email. I won't be able to
    <> search until later. Good luck.
    <>
    <>
    <> "Ogmeister" <> wrote in message
    <> news:...
    <> > Google is how I found the fix on the Microsoft site. I've tried every
    <> > solution I've found, but no success.
    <> >
    <> > "John Barnes" wrote:
    <> >
    <> >> GIYF. If you google this you will have a number articles which have
    an
    <> >> number of possible solutions.
    <> >> Error 1719: Windows Installer Service
    <> >>
    <> >>
    <> >> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <> wrote in message
    <> >> news:...
    <> >> > Combination of things here, you are either running a BETA version of
    <> >> > Windows XP Professional x64 or you don't have the latest version of
    the
    <> >> > Windows Installer 3.1 installed.
    <> >> >
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8b4e6b93-1886-4d47-
    a18d-35581c42eca0&displaylang=en&Hash=YYCGHT7
    <> >> > --
    <> >> > "Ogmeister" <> wrote in message
    <> >> > news:...
    <> >> >> About the middle of November, I started getting this message when
    <> >> >> try
    <> >> >> install or update many programs:
    <> >> >>
    <> >> >> ------------
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Jan 31, 2006
  11. That worked!!

    I'm pretty sure one of our techs here at the office (regional computer
    company) suggested I try that, but he didn't tell me to run it from within
    the syswow64 folder.

    Thank you very much!
    Steve

    =?Utf-8?B?T2dtZWlzdGVy?=, Feb 2, 2006
  12. Hello,
    Thanks for replying that it works.
    I commented the article to make sure that it includes x64 references to run
    the command in the syswow64 directory as well as the system32 folder.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: =?Utf-8?B?T2dtZWlzdGVy?= <>
    <Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 09:15:00 -0800
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <That worked!!
    <
    <""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:
    <
    <> Hello,
    <> What resolutions did you try from the Microsoft site?
    <> for example:
    <> 315346 "Error 1719: The Windows Installer service could not be accessed"
    <> error message when you try to add or remove a program
    <> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;315346
    <>
    <> This only talks about 32-bit Windows.
    <> With 64-bit Windows, you may also have to run msiexec /regserver from
    <> within the syswow64 folder.
    <>
    <> Thanks,
    <> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]
    <>
    <> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
    rights
    <> --------------------
    <> <From: =?Utf-8?B?T2dtZWlzdGVy?= <>
    <> <Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 05:10:27 -0800
    <> <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <> <
    <> <I haven't checked the event logs, but I'd appreciate any help you can
    find.
    <> <
    <> <Thanks,
    <> <Steve
    <> <
    <> <"John Barnes" wrote:
    <> <
    <> <> Do you get any messages in your event logs? Your problem is similar
    <> one
    <> <> I had when trying to install .net 2.0 update. I went thru Microsoft
    and
    <> the
    <> <> process involved many steps including a number of registry changes
    <> (mostly
    <> <> changing permissions by right clicking on the keys). I will see if I
    <> have
    <> <> the process copied down somewhere or a saved email. I won't be able
    <> <> search until later. Good luck.
    <> <>
    <> <>
    <> <> "Ogmeister" <> wrote in message
    <> <> news:...
    <> <> > Google is how I found the fix on the Microsoft site. I've tried
    every
    <> <> > solution I've found, but no success.
    <> <> >
    <> <> > "John Barnes" wrote:
    <> <> >
    <> <> >> GIYF. If you google this you will have a number articles which
    have
    <> an
    <> <> >> number of possible solutions.
    <> <> >> Error 1719: Windows Installer Service
    <> <> >>
    <> <> >>
    <> <> >> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <> wrote in
    message
    <> <> >> news:...
    <> <> >> > Combination of things here, you are either running a BETA
    version of
    <> <> >> > Windows XP Professional x64 or you don't have the latest version
    of
    <> the
    <> <> >> > Windows Installer 3.1 installed.
    <> <> >> >
    <>
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8b4e6b93-1886-4d47-
    <> a18d-35581c42eca0&displaylang=en&Hash=YYCGHT7
    <> <> >> > --
    <> <> >> > Andre
    <> <> >> > Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    <> <> >> > Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
    <> <> >> > http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
    <> <> >> > FAQ for MS AntiSpy
    <> <> >> > http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
    <> <> >> >
    <> <> >> > "Ogmeister" <> wrote in
    message
    <> <> >> > news:...
    <> <> >> >> About the middle of November, I started getting this message
    when
    <> I
    <> <> >> >> try
    <> <> >> >> install or update many programs:
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Feb 3, 2006
  13. After several hours of trying every possible solution I could find on
    microsoft and through google, I simply renamed msiexec in the system 32
    folder, then copied msiexec from syswow64 and placed it in the system32 file.
    It seems to be working fine now. If I run into any problems, I will come back
    and post.

    =?Utf-8?B?bGl0bGxhZHkzMA==?=, Feb 8, 2006