    Anybody know what went wrong? Hoz w can this problem be resolved?

    Thanks in advance;
    Jaks
    JLS, May 1, 2006

  2. JLS

    philo Guest

    JLS wrote:
    > Hi newsgroup,
    >
    > I was trying to create a partition using PartitionnMagic 8 but when the
    > PC rebooted to create the partition, I had the following error:
    > Error 1557 while executing batch file
    >
    > Anybody know what went wrong? Hoz w can this problem be resolved?
    >
    > Thanks in advance;
    > Jaks

    use Partition Magic help

    it will tell you what that error means
    philo, May 2, 2006

  3. JLS

    JLS Guest

    thaks, by the way, it's error 1556, but Icould'nt find any hints on
    this particular error in the PM's help;
    JLS, May 2, 2006
  4. JLS

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-05-01, JLS <> wrote:
    > Hi newsgroup,
    >
    > I was trying to create a partition using PartitionnMagic 8 but when the
    > PC rebooted to create the partition, I had the following error:
    > Error 1557 while executing batch file

    PM went through an error check just before running the ram batch file and
    choked on something it didn't like.

    > Anybody know what went wrong? Hoz w can this problem be resolved?

    Typically, one runs scan disk then maybe even defrag before fooling with PM.
    If 1) scandisk doesn't find anything and 2) PM throws an error then that's
    considered a reportable PM bug. Usually, it's just a case of running
    scandisk and letting Windows do any repairs. PM will take it from there.

    One tip with PM: Although it takes longer, you should only do one or two
    operations at a time. PM isn't great about analyzing a lengthy set of
    changes for possible conflicts and the last thing one wants is for PM to
    hang after it's done a fair amount of 'damage' but before it has a chance to
    finish it all off.

    --
    The joys of partitioning
    Jimchip, May 2, 2006