    What's up?
    --
    Tom Buggy

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9tQg==?=, Oct 31, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VG9tQg==?=

    Adam Membrey Guest

    Curious, are you able to ping \\Sportsware from a command prompt? or ping
    its IP?

    Have you tried mapping it using \\192.***.***.***(your IP address)\HPLaserJ
    ?

    Adam Membrey, Oct 31, 2004

  3. Adam, thanks for your response. To address your questions:

    -- I CANNOT Ping \\SportsWare (message says "Can't find host")
    -- I CAN Ping the computer's IP Address
    -- I CAN Ping the Default Gateway's IP address
    -- Net Use lpt1: with either \\Sportsware\HPLaserJ or \\IP address\HPLaserJ
    DOES
    NOT work (get the 1231 error).

    I do not have an IP address for the DNS Server. The settings say to obtain
    it automatically.

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9tQg==?=, Nov 1, 2004
  4. A followup:

    If I enter "Ping Sportsware" (i.e. without the \\ prefix) it works. It
    shows the stats of Sportsware with the IP address in parentheses. However, I
    still get the 1231 Error on the Net Use command for the HPLaserJ printer.

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9tQg==?=, Nov 1, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?VG9tQg==?=

    @. Guest

    TomB wrote:
    > A followup:
    >
    > If I enter "Ping Sportsware" (i.e. without the \\ prefix) it works. It
    > shows the stats of Sportsware with the IP address in parentheses. However, I
    > still get the 1231 Error on the Net Use command for the HPLaserJ printer.
    >
    > "TomB" wrote:
    >

    >>Adam, thanks for your response. To address your questions:
    >>
    >>-- I CANNOT Ping \\SportsWare (message says "Can't find host")
    >>-- I CAN Ping the computer's IP Address
    >>-- I CAN Ping the Default Gateway's IP address
    >>-- Net Use lpt1: with either \\Sportsware\HPLaserJ or \\IP address\HPLaserJ
    >>DOES
    >> NOT work (get the 1231 error).
    >>
    >>I do not have an IP address for the DNS Server. The settings say to obtain
    >>it automatically.
    >>
    >>"Adam Membrey" wrote:
    >>

    >>>Curious, are you able to ping \\Sportsware from a command prompt? or ping
    >>>its IP?
    >>>
    >>>Have you tried mapping it using \\192.***.***.***(your IP address)\HPLaserJ
    >>>?

    WTF that error number is the same combination as my luggage!

    @., Nov 1, 2004