    (Pentium D 2.66 Ghz) temp remains at 68-69C. What is causing the fan
    to rev up and down so much non-stop. And if the CPU temps are normal,
    why is Windows freezing?
    Lukus, Jan 15, 2009

  2. Lukus

    washbrol

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Erratic fan speed - XP freezes

    Hello,
    I appear to have the same problem.
    Several minutes after booting the machine, fan speed cranks up, and Windows XP freezes.
    Appears to be hastened if I'm doing something RAM intensive, like running iTunes or a virus scan.
    I've opened up my desktop and cleaned out a fan that was indeed clogged with lots of dust! But problem persists now after 2 more reboots.

    Before buying a new computer, did you find a solution!!!??
    Thanks,
    Luke
    washbrol, Jan 11, 2011