    Anyone else seen this? Any idea on the cause?

    --
    Ed
    Ed Stephenson, Jun 29, 2004

  2. Ed Stephenson

    Jeff Durham Guest

    I have heard that this could be a lens incompatibility. Try removing the
    battery pack and reinserting to see if it resolves the problem. Are you
    using Canon lenses or other brands such as Sigma?

    Jeff

    Jeff Durham, Jun 29, 2004

  3. Ed Stephenson

    Paul Cassel Guest

    Ed Stephenson wrote:
    > I've been getting occasional error 99 when using the kit lens
    > on my Digital Rebel. The book says it's undocumented.
    >
    > Anyone else seen this? Any idea on the cause?

    Yeah, yeah, search google & r&r battery clean contacts, etc.
    Paul Cassel, Jun 29, 2004
  4. I am usinmg the Canon kit lens and I did notice that taking the lens off and
    putting it back temporarily resolves the problem.

    I'll try cleaning the contacts on the lens/camera body (non-abrasive, of
    course).

    Thanks for the help.

    --
    Edgar B. Stephenson
    AT&T Internet Services
    Ed Stephenson, Jun 29, 2004
  5. "Ed Stephenson" <> wrote in message
    > I've been getting occasional error 99 when using the kit lens
    > on my Digital Rebel. The book says it's undocumented.
    >
    > Anyone else seen this? Any idea on the cause?

    If you have another lens and only see the error on the kit lens, then it's
    likely the kit lens is at fault. Make sure the contacts are clean.
    Charles Schuler, Jun 29, 2004
  6. Ed Stephenson

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    Ed Stephenson wrote:

    > I've been getting occasional error 99 when using the kit lens
    > on my Digital Rebel. The book says it's undocumented.

    Book says to R&R the battery.

    Often it is a lens issue.

    Look in on the dpreview 300D forum.

    Phil
    Phil Wheeler, Jun 30, 2004
  7. Ed Stephenson <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > I've been getting occasional error 99 when using the kit lens
    > on my Digital Rebel. The book says it's undocumented.
    >
    > Anyone else seen this? Any idea on the cause?

    Canon. Don't worry the 10D and the 1Ds are known to do the same with
    various lenses across all brands.
    Georgette Preddy, Jun 30, 2004
  8. Ed Stephenson

    Steve Moody Guest

    In article <>, Georgette
    Preddy <> wrote:

    > Canon. Don't worry the 10D and the 1Ds are known to do the same with
    > various lenses across all brands.

    I've seen your "proof" of this claim. It is nearly as empty as your
    cranium seems to be, based on your behavior.
    Steve Moody, Jul 1, 2004
  9. On 30 Jun 2004 04:03:37 -0700, (Georgette
    Preddy) wrote:

    >Ed Stephenson <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >> I've been getting occasional error 99 when using the kit lens
    >> on my Digital Rebel. The book says it's undocumented.
    >>
    >> Anyone else seen this? Any idea on the cause?

    >Canon. Don't worry the 10D and the 1Ds are known to do the same with
    >various lenses across all brands.

    No, that's not the case, and you have no evidence to back that
    ludicrous statement.

    GK
    grant kinsley, Jul 1, 2004
  10. grant kinsley <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 30 Jun 2004 04:03:37 -0700, (Georgette
    > Preddy) wrote:
    >
    > >Ed Stephenson <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > >> I've been getting occasional error 99 when using the kit lens
    > >> on my Digital Rebel. The book says it's undocumented.
    > >>
    > >> Anyone else seen this? Any idea on the cause?

    > >Canon. Don't worry the 10D and the 1Ds are known to do the same with
    > >various lenses across all brands.

    > No, that's not the case, and you have no evidence to back that
    > ludicrous statement.

    Right, there is no such thing as an err99.
    George Preddy, Jul 2, 2004

    George Preddy, Jul 2, 2004