    1) The file is not being used; how can I force deletion?

    2) What is F1PN022B?

    Thanks.
    Roger1, Aug 21, 2005

  2. Roger1

    pcbutts1 Guest

    You don't have a problem, but it could be spyware so format and reinstall.

    --

    "Instead of trying to bash me you should try to learn from me and
    archive my posts so you can better help people in the future. If you don't

    -
    -

    pcbutts1, Aug 21, 2005

  3. Roger1

    Guest

    On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:24:26 GMT, Roger1 <> wrote:

    >I have a directory under c:\ on XP with the filename ~ERAFSWD.TMP. It
    >is left behind by the file deletion prgram "Eraser"
    >(http://www.download.com/3640-2092_4-10231813.html?pn=1&fb=0)
    >
    >I cannot delete the directory: "Cannot delete F1PN022B: Access is denied".
    >
    >1) The file is not being used; how can I force deletion?
    >
    >2) What is F1PN022B?
    >
    >Thanks.

    dos box and delete folder.
    , Aug 21, 2005
  4. Roger1

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Ignore that name forging ignorant immature troll. Use one of these to delete
    that file.

    Right click the file or folder and select Unlocker. If the file or folder is
    locked then a window will appear with a list of processes locking the file
    or folder. Select the locks and click Unlock and you are done.
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/unlocker170.exe or try killbox

    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/killbox.zip

    pcbutts1, Aug 21, 2005
  5. Roger1

    Harrison Guest

    Harrison, Aug 21, 2005
  6. Roger1

    philo Guest

    "Roger1" <> wrote in message
    > I have a directory under c:\ on XP with the filename ~ERAFSWD.TMP. It
    > is left behind by the file deletion prgram "Eraser"
    > (http://www.download.com/3640-2092_4-10231813.html?pn=1&fb=0)
    >
    > I cannot delete the directory: "Cannot delete F1PN022B: Access is denied".
    >
    > 1) The file is not being used; how can I force deletion?
    >
    > 2) What is F1PN022B?
    >
    > Thanks.

    try safe mode
    or repair console
    philo, Aug 21, 2005
  7. Roger1

    Jim Byrd Guest

    Hi Roger - From my Blog, Defending Your Machine, addy in Signature below:

    "Sometimes the tools below will find files which they are unable to delete
    because they are in use.

    A program called Copylock, here, http://noeld.com/programs.asp?cat=misc can
    aid in the process of "replacing, moving, renaming or deleting one or many
    files which are currently in use (e.g. system files like comctl32.dll, or
    virus/trojan files.)"

    Another is Killbox, here: http://www.downloads.subratam.org/KillBox.zip

    A third which is a bit different but often very useful is Delete Invalid
    File, here: http://www.purgeie.com/delinv.htm which handles invalid/UNC
    file/folder name deleting, rather than the in use problem.

    A fourth useful program is Unlocker, here:
    ..http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/ " Simply right click the folder or file
    and select Unlocker. If the folder or file is locked, a window listing of
    lockers will appear. Simply select the lockers and click Unlock and you are
    done!" Works as advertised and is particularly helpful in identifying
    malware components which are 'protecting' each other."

    I suspect that Delete Invalid File is what you may need.

    --
    Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP
    My Blog, Defending Your Machine, here:

    Jim Byrd, Aug 21, 2005