    points by disabling SR when I overwrite unused space. Thanks.

    --
    Regards

    æ¹²³, Apr 26, 2004

  2. æ¹²³

    relic Guest

    æ¹²³ wrote:
    > Using Eraser v.5.7 on WinXP Home to wipe unused space and directory
    > entries and found after the wipe that the SR service was suspended
    > because 'there is not enough disk space available' (<200MB), there is
    > about 17GB freespace. Turning the service back on is simple enough
    > but all the restore points are lost. Looking at the Eraser forum
    > there is some tangential stuff on disabling SR before a freespace
    > wipe but nothing very definitive or authorative. Anyone have any
    > facts on this - do I need to lose all restore points by disabling SR
    > when I overwrite unused space. Thanks.

    I would say Eraser did you a favor. But why would you turn it back on?

    --
    - relic -
    They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.

    relic, Apr 26, 2004

  3. æ¹²³ wrote:
    | Using Eraser v.5.7 on WinXP Home to wipe unused space and directory
    | entries and found after the wipe that the SR service was suspended
    | because 'there is not enough disk space available' (<200MB), there is
    | about 17GB freespace. Turning the service back on is simple enough
    | but all the restore points are lost. Looking at the Eraser forum
    | there is some tangential stuff on disabling SR before a freespace
    | wipe but nothing very definitive or authorative. Anyone have any
    | facts on this - do I need to lose all restore points by disabling SR
    | when I overwrite unused space. Thanks.

    Please explain why you think problems you are having with cheap, shit,
    software is in any way relevant to this group.

    --
    Gazwad

    Freelance scientist and people tester.
    Guardian: alt.os.windows-xp
    Moderator: alt.warez.uk
    www.gazwad.com

    Lord Gazwad of Grantham, Apr 26, 2004
  4. æ¹²³

    AJ Guest

    bwaaaahhaaaa.............you so clever

    dj

    AJ, Apr 26, 2004
  5. ArseJockey wrote:
    | bwaaaahhaaaa.............you so clever
    |
    | dick jockey

    Yes indeed.

    Lord Gazwad of Grantham, Apr 26, 2004
  6. On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 20:50:01 +0100, "Lord Gazwad of Grantham"
    <> wrote:

    >ArseJockey wrote:
    >| bwaaaahhaaaa.............you so clever
    >|
    >| dick jockey
    >|

    >Yes indeed.

    I see the OP posted to 3 groups - acf, 24hrsupport helpdesk and
    alt.os.winxp (paraphrased)

    since the first group deals with freeware and eraser is freeware,
    since the second group is for asking for help, and since the third
    group deals with xp issues and his query related to system restore,
    and xp feature, I fail to see how (and I quote) "Please explain why
    you think problems you are having with cheap, shit,
    software is in any way relevant to this group." is a fair comment.

    Maybe not so clever indeed !

    If you had taken 2 seconds to check your facts, you would have known
    this.

    What you could have said is that perhaps acf does not deal with
    detailed help queries - or you could have visited the eraser site and
    looked at the help there - the OPs problem and solutions are clearly
    detailed there - http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/faq.php

    I'm with ArseJockey (lovely name :) on this one.....
    --

    Alastair Smeaton

    Alastair Smeaton, Apr 26, 2004
  7. Alastair Smeaton wrote:
    | On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 20:50:01 +0100, "Lord Gazwad of Grantham"
    | <> wrote:
    |
    || ArseJockey wrote:
    ||| bwaaaahhaaaa.............you so clever
    ||| dick jockey
    || Yes indeed.
    |
    | I see the OP posted to 3 groups - acf, 24hrsupport helpdesk and
    | alt.os.winxp (paraphrased)
    |
    | since the first group deals with freeware and eraser is freeware,
    | since the second group is for asking for help, and since the third
    | group deals with xp issues and his query related to system restore,
    | and xp feature, I fail to see how (and I quote) "Please explain why
    | you think problems you are having with cheap, shit,
    | software is in any way relevant to this group." is a fair comment.

    Since you're too thick to notice, I'll point it out for you.

    Here is part of my sig, "Guardian: alt.os.windows-xp"

    The "this group" was used in reference to alt.os.windows-xp.

    Since alt.os.windows-xp is a discussion group and not a help group my
    question stands.

    | Maybe not so clever indeed !
    |
    | If you had taken 2 seconds to check your facts, you would have known
    | this.

    If you had taken any time at all to check the facts you would not be looking
    such a dumb **** right now.

    | What you could have said is that perhaps acf does not deal with
    | detailed help queries - or you could have visited the eraser site and
    | looked at the help there - the OPs problem and solutions are clearly
    | detailed there - http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/faq.php

    Perhaps you would care to explain to your ISP why you are spamming this
    group with links to software.

    | I'm with ArseJockey (lovely name :) on this one.....

    You're a buttnoid.

    Lord Gazwad of Grantham, Apr 26, 2004
  8. æ¹²³

    Ken Guest

    æ¹²³ wrote:
    > Using Eraser v.5.7 on WinXP Home to wipe unused space and directory
    > entries and found after the wipe that the SR service was suspended
    > because 'there is not enough disk space available' (<200MB), there is
    > about 17GB freespace. Turning the service back on is simple enough
    > but all the restore points are lost. Looking at the Eraser forum
    > there is some tangential stuff on disabling SR before a freespace
    > wipe but nothing very definitive or authorative. Anyone have any
    > facts on this - do I need to lose all restore points by disabling SR
    > when I overwrite unused space. Thanks.

    When you turn off system restore you lose all your restore points. It
    doesn't matter if you wipe your drive or not.

    Ken

    Ken, Apr 26, 2004
  9. æ¹²³

    AJ Guest

    bwwwhaaahaa............you both so clever

    AJ, Apr 26, 2004
  10. On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:13:22 +0100, "Lord Gazwad of Grantham"
    <> wrote:

    >Since you're too thick to notice, I'll point it out for you.
    >
    >Here is part of my sig, "Guardian: alt.os.windows-xp"
    >
    >The "this group" was used in reference to alt.os.windows-xp.
    >
    >Since alt.os.windows-xp is a discussion group and not a help group my
    >question stands.
    >

    >| Maybe not so clever indeed !
    >|
    >| If you had taken 2 seconds to check your facts, you would have known
    >| this.
    >
    >If you had taken any time at all to check the facts you would not be looking
    >such a dumb **** right now.
    >

    >| What you could have said is that perhaps acf does not deal with
    >| detailed help queries - or you could have visited the eraser site and
    >| looked at the help there - the OPs problem and solutions are clearly
    >| detailed there - http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/faq.php
    >|

    >Perhaps you would care to explain to your ISP why you are spamming this
    >group with links to software.
    >
    >| I'm with ArseJockey (lovely name :) on this one.....
    >
    >You're a buttnoid.

    Aha - I remember you now, from a short spell in "your" group - also
    remember why I had you killfiled.

    Back you go :)

    --

    Alastair Smeaton

    Alastair Smeaton, Apr 26, 2004
  11. On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:13:22 +0100, "Lord Gazwad of Grantham"
    <> wrote:

    >Since you're too thick to notice, I'll point it out for you.
    >
    >Here is part of my sig, "Guardian: alt.os.windows-xp"

    Good gracious, a netkop with delusions of grandeur! Your guardianship
    consists of slapping around those who dare to ask for help, I see.
    How admirable.

    >Since alt.os.windows-xp is a discussion group and not a help group my
    >question stands.

    Which is obvious to all from its title, of course. Away back to
    yapping behind your safe fence, before someone takes a lasting
    interest in you. Idiot.
    --
    Semolina Pilchard

    Semolina Pilchard, Apr 26, 2004
  12. Alastair Smeaton wrote:
    | On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:13:22 +0100, "Lord Gazwad of Grantham"
    | <> wrote:

    || Since you're too thick to notice, I'll point it out for you.
    || Here is part of my sig, "Guardian: alt.os.windows-xp"
    || The "this group" was used in reference to alt.os.windows-xp.
    || Since alt.os.windows-xp is a discussion group and not a help group my
    || question stands.
    ||| Maybe not so clever indeed !
    ||| If you had taken 2 seconds to check your facts, you would have known
    ||| this.
    || If you had taken any time at all to check the facts you would not be
    || looking such a dumb **** right now.
    ||| What you could have said is that perhaps acf does not deal with
    ||| detailed help queries - or you could have visited the eraser site
    ||| and looked at the help there - the OPs problem and solutions are
    ||| clearly detailed there - http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/faq.php
    || Perhaps you would care to explain to your ISP why you are spamming
    || this group with links to software.
    ||| I'm with ArseJockey (lovely name :) on this one.....
    || You're a buttnoid.
    |
    | Aha - I remember you now, from a short spell in "your" group - also
    | remember why I had you killfiled.
    |
    | Back you go :)

    Really, fucknuts.

    --
    Gazwad

    Freelance scientist and people tester.
    Guardian: alt.os.windows-xp
    Moderator: alt.warez.uk
    www.gazwad.com

    <-zhou.com>
    Allanoyl-Morpholinoacetamide-Trichloroacetyl-1-1-Phenyl-1-Pentanoic-Acid <-zhou.com>
    y4CYcUw0ruTU

    Allanoyl-Morpholinoacetamide-Trichloroacetyl-1-1-P, Apr 26, 2004
  13. Alastair Smeaton wrote:
    | On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:13:22 +0100, "Lord Gazwad of Grantham"
    | <> wrote:

    || Since you're too thick to notice, I'll point it out for you.
    || Here is part of my sig, "Guardian: alt.os.windows-xp"
    || The "this group" was used in reference to alt.os.windows-xp.
    || Since alt.os.windows-xp is a discussion group and not a help group my
    || question stands.
    ||| Maybe not so clever indeed !
    ||| If you had taken 2 seconds to check your facts, you would have known
    ||| this.
    || If you had taken any time at all to check the facts you would not be
    || looking such a dumb **** right now.
    ||| What you could have said is that perhaps acf does not deal with
    ||| detailed help queries - or you could have visited the eraser site
    ||| and looked at the help there - the OPs problem and solutions are
    ||| clearly detailed there - http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/faq.php
    || Perhaps you would care to explain to your ISP why you are spamming
    || this group with links to software.
    ||| I'm with ArseJockey (lovely name :) on this one.....
    || You're a buttnoid.
    |
    | Aha - I remember you now, from a short spell in "your" group - also
    | remember why I had you killfiled.
    |
    | Back you go :)

    Really, fucknuts.

    --
    Gazwad

    Freelance scientist and people tester.
    Guardian: alt.os.windows-xp
    Moderator: alt.warez.uk
    www.gazwad.com

    <BERSERKyMcDl780xbbKA2FDDB7CWpOZ0b6YSd3b@ns.191best.com>
    1-1-1-3-Piperidinoethanimidoyl-Methylbicyclo-Gamma-N-1-Acetic-Acid <3JAOY2i8LQv0@ns.191best.com>
    ZbnYG3epOfGk

    1-1-1-3-Piperidinoethanimidoyl-Methylbicyclo-Gamma, Apr 26, 2004

    **** off, you dumb ****.

    Lord Gazwad of Grantham, Apr 26, 2004
  15. On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 22:25:38 +0100, "Lord Gazwad of Grantham"
    <> wrote:

    >**** off, you dumb ****.

    Fine. See you around.
    --
    Semolina Pilchard

    Semolina Pilchard, Apr 26, 2004
  16. Semolina Pilchard wrote:
    | On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 22:25:38 +0100, "Lord Gazwad of Grantham"
    | <> wrote:
    |
    || **** off, you dumb ****.
    |
    | Fine. See you around.

    Is that a threat, buddy?

    Lord Gazwad of Grantham, Apr 26, 2004
  17. æ¹²³

    Keyser Soze Guest

    What mincing **** of a group are you from, shitstain?

    >> Since alt.os.windows-xp is a discussion group and not a help group my
    >> question stands.

    > Which is obvious to all from its title, of course. Away back to
    > yapping behind your safe fence, before someone takes a lasting
    > interest in you. Idiot.

    How safe was your fence when you spouted your bluster,
    of which you are so critical, ya cuntwipe?

    Interested?

    --
    Some Big ****
    Criminally insane psychosomatic Usenet troll

    Keyser Soze, Apr 26, 2004
  18. Keyser Soze wrote:
    | "Semolina Pilchard" <> wrote in message
    || On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:13:22 +0100, "Lord Gazwad of Grantham"
    || <> wrote:
    ||| Since you're too thick to notice, I'll point it out for you.
    ||| Here is part of my sig, "Guardian: alt.os.windows-xp"
    || Good gracious, a netkop with delusions of grandeur! Your
    || guardianship consists of slapping around those who dare to ask for
    || help, I see. How admirable.
    |
    | What mincing **** of a group are you from, shitstain?
    |
    ||| Since alt.os.windows-xp is a discussion group and not a help group
    ||| my question stands.
    || Which is obvious to all from its title, of course. Away back to
    || yapping behind your safe fence, before someone takes a lasting
    || interest in you. Idiot.
    |
    | How safe was your fence when you spouted your bluster,
    | of which you are so critical, ya cuntwipe?
    |
    | Interested?

    What a cuntoid.

    Lord Gazwad of Grantham, Apr 26, 2004
  19. æ¹²³

    Keyser Soze Guest

    "Lord Gazwad of Grantham" <> wrote in message
    > Keyser Soze wrote:
    >> "Semolina Pilchard" <> wrote in message

    >>> Good gracious, a netkop with delusions of grandeur! Your
    >>> guardianship consists of slapping around those who dare to ask for
    >>> help, I see. How admirable.

    >> What mincing **** of a group are you from, shitstain?

    >>> Which is obvious to all from its title, of course. Away back to
    >>> yapping behind your safe fence, before someone takes a lasting
    >>> interest in you. Idiot.

    >> How safe was your fence when you spouted your bluster,
    >> of which you are so critical, ya cuntwipe?
    >>
    >> Interested?

    > What a cuntoid.

    He's got to be a 24hourer as he's already an aoler, which
    may account for his deficiencies, eh?

    Keyser Soze, Apr 26, 2004
  20. Keyser Soze wrote:
    | "Lord Gazwad of Grantham" <> wrote in message
    || Keyser Soze wrote:
    ||| "Semolina Pilchard" <> wrote in message
    ||| What mincing **** of a group are you from, shitstain?
    ||| How safe was your fence when you spouted your bluster,
    ||| of which you are so critical, ya cuntwipe?
    ||| Interested?
    || What a cuntoid.
    |
    | He's got to be a 24hourer as he's already an aoler, which
    | may account for his deficiencies, eh?

    My bollox itch, I might have to go shove some cake in my face in a minute
    too.

    Lord Gazwad of Grantham, Apr 26, 2004