Eraser Not Working in Recycle Bin, but Works on Right-Click Mouse Menu

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Martin, Feb 17, 2007.

  1. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Hello,

    Prior to reformatting my hard drive this past weekend, I had Eraser 5.7
    integrated within my Recycle Bin. It worked without fail.

    My OS is XP Pro SP2.

    After reformatting and re-installing the OS, I downloaded and installed
    Eraser 5.82. When I attempted to erase a Word doc *in the Recycle Bin*, a
    box appeared, stating, "Eraser Launcher. Recycle Bin is empty" even though
    it wasn't.

    I used the uninstaller to uninstall the app and, after re-installing Eraser,
    I once again attempted to erase the Word doc which was in the Recycle Bin. I
    again received the same error message.

    Thinking that 5.82 was the problem, I uninstalled it and installed 5.7
    instead. I once again received the same error message.

    I then right-clicked on a document that was not in the Recycle Bin. The menu
    selection included Erase. I chose Erase and the doc was indeed erased.

    Considering that the Erase app works on my right-click mouse menu but not in
    the Recycle Bin, it appears that the problem is with the Recycle Bin and not
    Eraser.

    Having never encountered this problem before and preferring to erase the
    entire contents of the Recycle Bin in one operation rather than one item at
    a time, I'm at a loss how to repair the problem.

    Any help, short of suggesting that I reformat my hard drive, will be greatly
    appreciated.

    Thank you.

    Regards,

    Martin

    Martin, Feb 17, 2007

  2. Martin

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Martin wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Prior to reformatting my hard drive this past weekend, I had Eraser
    > 5.7 integrated within my Recycle Bin. It worked without fail.
    >
    > My OS is XP Pro SP2.
    >
    > After reformatting and re-installing the OS, I downloaded and
    > installed Eraser 5.82. When I attempted to erase a Word doc *in the
    > Recycle Bin*, a box appeared, stating, "Eraser Launcher. Recycle Bin
    > is empty" even though it wasn't.
    >
    > I used the uninstaller to uninstall the app and, after re-installing
    > Eraser, I once again attempted to erase the Word doc which was in the
    > Recycle Bin. I again received the same error message.
    >
    > Thinking that 5.82 was the problem, I uninstalled it and installed 5.7
    > instead. I once again received the same error message.
    >
    > I then right-clicked on a document that was not in the Recycle Bin.
    > The menu selection included Erase. I chose Erase and the doc was
    > indeed erased.
    >
    > Considering that the Erase app works on my right-click mouse menu but
    > not in the Recycle Bin, it appears that the problem is with the
    > Recycle Bin and not Eraser.
    >
    > Having never encountered this problem before and preferring to erase
    > the entire contents of the Recycle Bin in one operation rather than
    > one item at a time, I'm at a loss how to repair the problem.
    >
    > Any help, short of suggesting that I reformat my hard drive, will be
    > greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Martin

    That's the third time you've posted this. Obviously no one is listening, so
    why don't you post it a couple more times?

    Sheesh.

    Have you contacted the people who wrote the program?

    WhzzKdd, Feb 17, 2007

  3. Martin

    Fred Guest

    You may be better off asking that question on the Eraser support forum
    http://bbs.heidi.ie/viewtopic.php?t=1142&highlight=recycle bin&sid=a3caf28e89f31eaabee16743ecf153e0
    HTH

    Fred, Feb 17, 2007
  4. Martin