    and am searching for the file using Windows XP on a different computer
    on which I have the RECOVER MY FILES. Could that be a problem.

    Sabera61

    sabera61, Sep 25, 2007

  2. sabera61

    Guest

    sabera61 <> wrote:

    >I was working on a WORD file on a 3.5" diskette with the object of
    >transferring it to a different computer. I had a total of 3 files on
    >the diskette, I accidentally erased two of them.. Now I am searching
    >the diskette to recover the files, with the shareware RECOVER MY
    >FILES. But there is no sign of it on the diskette. I have not
    >written anything more on the diskette.
    >
    >I must indicate that I erased it on a computer running on Windows 98,
    >and am searching for the file using Windows XP on a different computer
    >on which I have the RECOVER MY FILES. Could that be a problem.

    I'd use Unerase a Norton Dos file, I wouldn't trust XP with a floppy
    disk.
    --

    Ubuntu is dead, long live PCLinuxOS
    http://tinyurl.com/2ptmjt

    , Sep 25, 2007

  3. sabera61

    jon doglegs Guest

    "sabera61" <> wrote in message

    > I was working on a WORD file on a 3.5" diskette with the object of
    > transferring it to a different computer. I had a total of 3 files on
    > the diskette, I accidentally erased two of them.. Now I am searching
    > the diskette to recover the files, with the shareware RECOVER MY
    > FILES. But there is no sign of it on the diskette. I have not
    > written anything more on the diskette.
    >
    > I must indicate that I erased it on a computer running on Windows 98,
    > and am searching for the file using Windows XP on a different computer
    > on which I have the RECOVER MY FILES. Could that be a problem.
    >
    > Sabera61

    i'm not sure but the thought of fat32 on win98 and ntfs on winxp, if its set
    to that, springs to mind ..
    not sure if each file system can recognise each other ?

    jon doglegs, Sep 25, 2007
  4. sabera61

    John Holmes Guest

    jon doglegs "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > "sabera61" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> I was working on a WORD file on a 3.5" diskette with the object of
    >> transferring it to a different computer. I had a total of 3 files on
    >> the diskette, I accidentally erased two of them.. Now I am
    >> searching the diskette to recover the files, with the shareware
    >> RECOVER MY FILES. But there is no sign of it on the diskette. I
    >> have not written anything more on the diskette.
    >>
    >> I must indicate that I erased it on a computer running on Windows 98,
    >> and am searching for the file using Windows XP on a different
    >> computer on which I have the RECOVER MY FILES. Could that be a
    >> problem.
    >>
    >> Sabera61
    >>

    > i'm not sure but the thought of fat32 on win98 and ntfs on winxp, if
    > its set to that, springs to mind ..
    > not sure if each file system can recognise each other ?

    Why bother replying if you're not fucking sure, you fucking moron?

    --
    Your mother was a mouldy Jerry Lewis impersonator who wore bizarre
    clothes in a secure compound.

    John Holmes, Sep 25, 2007
  5. sabera61

    John Holmes Guest

    "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > sabera61 <> wrote:
    >

    >>I was working on a WORD file on a 3.5" diskette with the object of
    >>transferring it to a different computer. I had a total of 3 files on
    >>the diskette, I accidentally erased two of them.. Now I am searching
    >>the diskette to recover the files, with the shareware RECOVER MY
    >>FILES. But there is no sign of it on the diskette. I have not
    >>written anything more on the diskette.
    >>
    >>I must indicate that I erased it on a computer running on Windows 98,
    >>and am searching for the file using Windows XP on a different computer
    >>on which I have the RECOVER MY FILES. Could that be a problem.

    > I'd use Unerase a Norton Dos file, I wouldn't trust XP with a floppy
    > disk.

    Hehehe, good old Norton Utilities... Don't leave home without it!
    Remember Diskedit? Still comes in handy when recovering crucial data.

    --
    Your mother was an appalling leviathan who visited pornographic web-sites
    at the local cinema.

    John Holmes, Sep 25, 2007
  6. sabera61

    philo Guest

    "jon doglegs" <> wrote in message

    > "sabera61" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > > I was working on a WORD file on a 3.5" diskette with the object of
    > > transferring it to a different computer. I had a total of 3 files on
    > > the diskette, I accidentally erased two of them.. Now I am searching
    > > the diskette to recover the files, with the shareware RECOVER MY
    > > FILES. But there is no sign of it on the diskette. I have not
    > > written anything more on the diskette.
    > >
    > > I must indicate that I erased it on a computer running on Windows 98,
    > > and am searching for the file using Windows XP on a different computer
    > > on which I have the RECOVER MY FILES. Could that be a problem.
    > >
    > > Sabera61
    > >

    > i'm not sure but the thought of fat32 on win98 and ntfs on winxp, if its

    set
    > to that, springs to mind ..
    > not sure if each file system can recognise each other ?

    An XP machine *can* read fat_x partitions
    however I'd still try the data recovery from the original machine.
    The floppy drives themselves will probably have minor differences in
    alignment

    philo, Sep 25, 2007
  7. sabera61

    VanguardLH Guest

    "sabera61" wrote ...

    > I was working on a WORD file on a 3.5" diskette with the object of
    > transferring it to a different computer. I had a total of 3 files on
    > the diskette, I accidentally erased two of them.. Now I am
    > searching
    > the diskette to recover the files, with the shareware RECOVER MY
    > FILES. But there is no sign of it on the diskette. I have not
    > written anything more on the diskette.
    >
    > I must indicate that I erased it on a computer running on Windows
    > 98,
    > and am searching for the file using Windows XP on a different
    > computer
    > on which I have the RECOVER MY FILES. Could that be a problem.

    Erased or deleted? Despite the names for the utilities, deleting a
    file does not erase it but erasing a file means nothing of the
    original file remains. If you merely deleted the file, go use an
    undelete utility. Avira (who acquired AntiVir) has their UnErase
    utility. Google works (you should know since you are using Google
    Groups). Go search on "+file +undelete".

    VanguardLH, Sep 25, 2007