    I want to erase unused space on hard disk. Which software is best, and what
    precedure do you advise to completely clear all history and traces. Thank
    you.

    Nowhere, Jan 6, 2005

  2. Nowhere

    Old Gringo Guest

    Nowhere wrote:
    > I want to erase unused space on hard disk. Which software is best, and what
    > precedure do you advise to completely clear all history and traces. Thank
    > you.

    Mexico launched it's first nuclear submarine south of El Paso, Texas
    in the Rio Grande. Shortly after hitting the water it sank.
    Apparent cause of the sinking was the adobe melted.

    --
    Old Gringo George

    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

    Old Gringo, Jan 6, 2005

  3. Nowhere

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 22:36:04 -0000, Nowhere wrote:

    >I want to erase unused space on hard disk. Which software is best, and what

    What OS?

    >precedure do you advise to completely clear all history and traces. Thank
    >you.

    You said that already 42 minutes earlier in your post . Usenet isn't a
    chat room you may never get a reply and it's not real time. Don't let
    the group name fool you either.

    Meantime www.google.com

    erase unused space on hard disk <- Use some of the text from your post.

    review hardisk wipe software

    wipe empty hard disk

    You will see several answers and utilities.

    BCWipe (Windows) seems to work okay.

    Me

    why?, Jan 6, 2005
  4. Nowhere

    Old Gringo Guest

    Nowhere wrote:
    > I want to erase unused space on hard disk. Which software is best, and what
    > precedure do you advise to completely clear all history and traces. Thank
    > you.

    For starters, unused space on the hard drive is empty and need not be
    erased. To clear your history, click Start/settings/Taskbar and
    Menu/Start Menu Programs/clear button. That gets rid of your history
    and cleans up the recent opened docs. Now go to
    Start/Accessories/system tools/disk clean up Then /scan disk Then
    Disk defragmenter. Your hard drive should now be slick as a whistle
    and ready to go. You may also want to check this site out to keep
    your computer running at peak performance:
    http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html Compliments of *Mike*

    Old Gringo, Jan 7, 2005
  5. Nowhere

    Wanderer Guest

    "Nowhere" <> wrote:

    >I want to erase unused space on hard disk. Which software is best, and what
    >precedure do you advise to completely clear all history and traces. Thank
    >you.

    I've used Norton System Works in the past.

    Triple shred/overwrite/wipe/re-wipe.

    Gone/gone/gone.

    I'm sure there's a comparable free ver called delete and defrag.

    Probably shipped with the PC complementary.

    I'll be damn... http://www.bmesite.com/
    Someone picked up this proggy??

    I guess this one won't go quietly into the night.

    Wanderer, Jan 7, 2005
  6. Nowhere

    Scrote Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:
    >> Nowhere wrote:
    >>> I want to erase unused space on hard disk. Which software is best,
    >>> and what precedure do you advise to completely clear all history
    >>> and traces. Thank you.
    >>>

    >> For starters, unused space on the hard drive is empty and need not be
    >> erased. Snip
    >> Old Gringo George

    Snip
    Sorry George you're wrong, its only attribute is, that it is UNUSED.
    However, it may well have been used in the past, and may contain any
    file that has been erased. This is why many "smart" criminals & perverts
    are enjoying government hospitality at the moment.

    --
    Most fools think they are only ignorant.
    -- Benjamin Franklin

    Scrote, Jan 7, 2005
  7. Nowhere

    Old Gringo Guest

    Scrote wrote:
    > Old Gringo wrote:

    >>>For starters, unused space on the hard drive is empty and need not be
    >>>erased. Snip
    >>>Old Gringo George

    > Snip
    > Sorry George you're wrong, its only attribute is, that it is UNUSED.
    > However, it may well have been used in the past, and may contain any
    > file that has been erased. This is why many "smart" criminals & perverts
    > are enjoying government hospitality at the moment.

    :) I was wondering the same thing.

    Old Gringo, Jan 7, 2005