    computer I bought.

    Thank you for your help.

    kly
    Kao-Ly Yang, Feb 26, 2009

  2. Kao-Ly Yang wrote:

    > Could you help to take away the remain of a software "ca computer
    > associates".

    Have you looked in "Add/Remove Programs" yet?

    > At&T require us to use MacAfee for protection then I did erase the
    > previous software.

    What branch of AT&T says that? I am a former AT&T Worldnet subscriber
    and there was never any requirement to use *any* anti-virus software. In
    fact, at the moment, I can't think of any ISP that actually requires
    someone to use a particular a-v product.

    > But any time I open my computer, I always have a message from ca
    > computer associates telling that 'The license key for this product is
    > invalid.. ...Please check that this key matches the one you received
    > ..."

    See above about Add/Remove Programs. If for some reason, the CA software
    is not shown there, try the Revo Uninstaller (others have recommended it
    for various removal problems).
    http://www.revouninstaller.com/

    > But I never purchase ca computer associates software, it came with
    > the computer I bought.

    CA consumer software is generally regarded as crap.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 26, 2009

  3. Kao-Ly Yang

    Buffalo Guest

    Kao-Ly Yang wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Could you help to take away the remain of a software "ca computer
    > associates".
    > At&T require us to use MacAfee for protection then I did erase the
    > previous software.
    >
    > But any time I open my computer, I always have a message from ca
    > computer associates telling that
    > 'The license key for this product is invalid.. ...Please check that
    > this key matches the one you received ..."
    >
    > But I never purchase ca computer associates software, it came with the
    > computer I bought.
    >
    > Thank you for your help.
    >
    > kly

    Do you work for AT&T?
    If you do and have access to your work computer from home, it may be why
    AT&T requires certain protection.
    You are not very clear on that.
    You could always go to the McAfee site and see if they have a program for
    cleaning up all the leftovers after uninstalling their McAfee product.
    When posting in a newsgroup with a question, please give more info.
    Such as: McAfee Anti-Virus, McAfee Security Suite, Operating System
    (OS),laptop or desktop or anything else that may be relevant to your
    question or problem.
    Buffalo
    Buffalo, Feb 27, 2009
  4. Buffalo wrote:

    > Kao-Ly Yang wrote:
    >> Could you help to take away the remain of a software "ca computer
    >> associates".
    >> At&T require us to use MacAfee for protection then I did erase the
    >> previous software.

    > Do you work for AT&T?

    I'd guess No, as Yang is posting from SBCGlobal, using the consumer ISP
    of Worldnet:

    > You could always go to the McAfee site and see if they have a program
    > for cleaning up all the leftovers after uninstalling their McAfee
    > product.

    They do.
    <http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507>

    There is disturbing information at this page:

    "IMPORTANT: If your McAfee products were preinstalled by the
    manufacturer of your computer, please make sure to **activate** your
    McAfee subscription before uninstalling. ..." [emphasis mine]

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 27, 2009
  5. Kao-Ly Yang

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 16:15:51 -0500, richard <>
    wrote:

    >You tell at&t to go shove it.
    >It's your damn machine, not there's.
    >Ditch Mcafee and get something better and cheaper.
    >If at&t cries about it, tough shit on them.
    >They can pay you for using the crap.

    Completely useless answer, as usual.
    Evan Platt, Feb 28, 2009
  6. Kao-Ly Yang