    password is to log into Admin console. I would like to wipe the
    configuration and setup the unit from scratch. How can I accomplish this? I
    would appreciate any help. Thanks.

    Corbin O'Reilly, Sep 13, 2007

  2. "Corbin O'Reilly" <> crashed Echelon writing

    > Hello. I was given a used VPN 3005 concentrator. No one knows what the
    > password is to log into Admin console. I would like to wipe the
    > configuration and setup the unit from scratch. How can I accomplish
    > this? I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

    Seems like you are our of luck

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/products_password_rec
    overy09186a008009434f.shtml

    --
    Bjarke Andersen

    Bjarke Andersen, Sep 13, 2007

  3. Corbin O'Reilly

    Trendkill Guest

    On Sep 13, 8:50 am, "Corbin O'Reilly" <>
    wrote:
    > Hello. I was given a used VPN 3005 concentrator. No one knows what the
    > password is to log into Admin console. I would like to wipe the
    > configuration and setup the unit from scratch. How can I accomplish this? I
    > would appreciate any help. Thanks.

    This link will help you reset the admin passwords to default, which
    will then allow you to do whatever you want.

    http://www-tss.cisco.com/eservice/compass/common/activities/password_VPN_3000.htm

    Trendkill, Sep 13, 2007
  4. Trendkill, that is what I needed. Thanks for the quick response.

    Corbin O'Reilly, Sep 13, 2007
  5. Corbin O'Reilly

    Rod Dorman Guest

    In article <>,
    Trendkill <> wrote:
    >On Sep 13, 8:50 am, "Corbin O'Reilly" <>
    >wrote:
    >> Hello. I was given a used VPN 3005 concentrator. No one knows what the
    >> password is to log into Admin console. I would like to wipe the
    >> configuration and setup the unit from scratch. How can I accomplish this? I
    >> would appreciate any help. Thanks.

    >This link will help you reset the admin passwords to default, which
    >will then allow you to do whatever you want.
    >
    >http://www-tss.cisco.com/eservice/compass/common/activities/password_VPN_3000.htm

    Hmmm... it makes no mention about what happens to the current
    configuration.

    Does anyone know if it is erased or if it remains intact?

    --
    -- Rod --
    rodd(at)polylogics(dot)com

    Rod Dorman, Sep 16, 2007
  6. Corbin O'Reilly

    Trendkill Guest

    On Sep 16, 2:03 pm, (Rod Dorman) wrote:
    > In article <>,
    >
    > Trendkill <> wrote:
    > >On Sep 13, 8:50 am, "Corbin O'Reilly" <>
    > >wrote:
    > >> Hello. I was given a used VPN 3005 concentrator. No one knows what the
    > >> password is to log into Admin console. I would like to wipe the
    > >> configuration and setup the unit from scratch. How can I accomplish this? I
    > >> would appreciate any help. Thanks.

    > >This link will help you reset the admin passwords to default, which
    > >will then allow you to do whatever you want.

    > >http://www-tss.cisco.com/eservice/compass/common/activities/password_...

    > Hmmm... it makes no mention about what happens to the current
    > configuration.
    >
    > Does anyone know if it is erased or if it remains intact?
    >
    > --
    > -- Rod --
    > rodd(at)polylogics(dot)com

    I believe it does not (wipe its config) if its anything like a router
    or switch, in which case I know it does not. Either way, always a
    good practice to backup the config if you have access, or pull it via
    snmp if you don't have access but know the snmp strings. I have never
    seen a device kill its config without explicitly being told to, or
    asking you if you are sure first. Hope this helps.

    Trendkill, Sep 18, 2007