    Jim Waggener Guest

    Heard this mentioned. How can I get it here to the USA? I have a multi
    region player (Oppo)

    Jim Waggener, Jul 18, 2006

  2. Jim Waggener

    Sean Black Guest

    In article <L2Wug.27$>, Jim Waggener
    <> writes
    >Heard this mentioned. How can I get it here to the USA? I have a multi
    >region player (Oppo)

    Have a look at www.play.com or www.sendit.com

    Not 100% sure if they ship to the US, but it might be worth a look.
    --
    Sean Black

    Sean Black, Jul 18, 2006

  3. Jim Waggener

    Jim Waggener Guest

    "Sean Black" <> wrote in message
    > In article <L2Wug.27$>, Jim Waggener
    > <> writes
    >>Heard this mentioned. How can I get it here to the USA? I have a multi
    >>region player (Oppo)
    >>

    > Have a look at www.play.com or www.sendit.com
    >
    > Not 100% sure if they ship to the US, but it might be worth a look.
    > --
    > Sean Black

    Thanks Sean,
    Play.com does indeed have ER season 6. But if you click on the
    "international" tab, PlayUSA.com pops up but only offers season 5 ...kinda
    odd...looks like you have to live in Europe to get season 6

    Jim Waggener, Jul 18, 2006
  4. Jim Waggener wrote:
    > Heard this mentioned. How can I get it here to the USA? I have a multi
    > region player (Oppo)

    Try Amazon.co.uk, or perhaps a marketplace seller on there that's
    willing to deliver internationally.

    -Wesley

    Wesley Mead ('Wezzo'), Jul 18, 2006
  5. Jim Waggener

    Jim Waggener Guest

    "Wesley Mead ('Wezzo')" <> wrote in message
    > Jim Waggener wrote:
    >> Heard this mentioned. How can I get it here to the USA? I have a multi
    >> region player (Oppo)

    > Try Amazon.co.uk, or perhaps a marketplace seller on there that's willing
    > to deliver internationally.
    >
    > -Wesley

    Looked at Amazon.uk...yup they will ship it but with the exchange rate it
    would cost me like $80...no thanks. However if I order it from AUS its a
    much better deal.

    Jim Waggener, Jul 18, 2006
  6. Jim Waggener

    jayembee Guest

    "Jim Waggener" <> wrote:

    > Looked at Amazon.uk...yup they will ship it but with the exchange
    > rate it would cost me like $80...no thanks.

    No it won't. Just went there right now. Their listed price is £28.97,
    which at the current exchange rate is US$53.00.

    HOWEVER, what they don't tell you until you've actually "checked out"
    and placed your order is that for the US, they deduct the Value
    Added Tax (VAT), which is normally built into the item price. So,
    you get to deduct 15% off the above price.

    So, the actual price you pay will be, plus or minus a few pence,
    £24.65. Airmail delivery is £2.09 per delivery plus £0.99 per item,
    or £3.08. So your total will be (rounding a bit for convenience)
    £27.75. At the current exchange rate, that's a bit under US$51.00,
    delivered.

    > However if I order it from AUS its a much better deal.

    There is that.

    I'm not sure why you don't feel like you can wait until it comes out
    in the US, though. But that's your lookout.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jul 18, 2006
  7. Jim Waggener

    Jim Waggener Guest

    "jayembee" <> wrote in message
    > "Jim Waggener" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Looked at Amazon.uk...yup they will ship it but with the exchange
    >> rate it would cost me like $80...no thanks.

    > No it won't. Just went there right now. Their listed price is £28.97,
    > which at the current exchange rate is US$53.00.
    >
    > HOWEVER, what they don't tell you until you've actually "checked out"
    > and placed your order is that for the US, they deduct the Value
    > Added Tax (VAT), which is normally built into the item price. So,
    > you get to deduct 15% off the above price.
    >
    > So, the actual price you pay will be, plus or minus a few pence,
    > £24.65. Airmail delivery is £2.09 per delivery plus £0.99 per item,
    > or £3.08. So your total will be (rounding a bit for convenience)
    > £27.75. At the current exchange rate, that's a bit under US$51.00,
    > delivered.
    >
    >> However if I order it from AUS its a much better deal.

    > There is that.
    >
    > I'm not sure why you don't feel like you can wait until it comes out
    > in the US, though. But that's your lookout.
    >
    > -- jayembee

    Thanks Jay for the info. ER season 6 will take at least a year before it is
    released in the states. It is not even on the radar via
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/

    Jim Waggener, Jul 18, 2006
  8. "jayembee" <> wrote in message
    > "Jim Waggener" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Looked at Amazon.uk...yup they will ship it but with the exchange
    >> rate it would cost me like $80...no thanks.

    > No it won't. Just went there right now. Their listed price is £28.97,
    > which at the current exchange rate is US$53.00.
    >
    > HOWEVER, what they don't tell you until you've actually "checked out"
    > and placed your order is that for the US, they deduct the Value
    > Added Tax (VAT), which is normally built into the item price. So,
    > you get to deduct 15% off the above price.

    The standard rate of VAT in the UK is 17.5%

    Jack Torrence, Jul 19, 2006
  9. Jim Waggener

    jayembee Guest

    "Jack Torrence" <room217[at]overlook.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

    > "jayembee" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> HOWEVER, what they don't tell you until you've actually "checked out"
    >> and placed your order is that for the US, they deduct the Value
    >> Added Tax (VAT), which is normally built into the item price. So,
    >> you get to deduct 15% off the above price.

    > The standard rate of VAT in the UK is 17.5%

    True, but when you take the base price and multiply it by 1.175 to
    get the VAT-included price, you can't get back to the original price
    by multiplying the VAT-included price by 0.825.

    For example, a DVD priced at £19.99 will be lowered to £17.01, which
    is closer to a 15% deduction (£16.99) than to a 17.5% deduction
    (£16.49). But £17.01 multiplied by 1.175 gives to £19.99.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jul 19, 2006
  10. Jim Waggener

    Bill's News Guest

    jayembee wrote:
    > "Jack Torrence" <room217[at]overlook.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >> "jayembee" <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> HOWEVER, what they don't tell you until you've actually
    >>> "checked
    >>> out" and placed your order is that for the US, they deduct
    >>> the Value
    >>> Added Tax (VAT), which is normally built into the item
    >>> price. So,
    >>> you get to deduct 15% off the above price.

    >> The standard rate of VAT in the UK is 17.5%

    > True, but when you take the base price and multiply it by
    > get the VAT-included price, you can't get back to the original
    > price
    > by multiplying the VAT-included price by 0.825.
    >
    > For example, a DVD priced at £19.99 will be lowered to £17.01,
    > which
    > is closer to a 15% deduction (£16.99) than to a 17.5%
    > deduction
    > (£16.49). But £17.01 multiplied by 1.175 gives to £19.99.
    >
    > -- jayembee

    The sad thing here is that this should not have to be explained
    to anyone who is over 11 years of age!!! The state of education
    (in the U.S. for certain, apparently England as well) is
    wretched. This isn't even math, it's just basic 1/3 of 3 added
    = 4, 1/4 of 4 subtracted = 3. Ergo 1/3 = 1/4 ;-0) No wonder
    MacDonald's puts pictures on their cash registers and requires
    entry of the amount tendered!

    Reminiscent of those who reckon 4:3 and 16:9 as being the same
    ratio!!!

    Bill's News, Jul 20, 2006
  11. Jim Waggener

    Jim Waggener Guest

    "Jim Waggener" <> wrote in message
    > Heard this mentioned. How can I get it here to the USA? I have a multi
    > region player (Oppo)

    Update:

    I ordered ER Season 6 from www.chaos.com in AUS on July 21, they shipped it
    July 23, I received it today July 29. I am impressed , from Australia to
    Virginia on the East coast of USA within a week...damn good outfit! I'm
    pleased.

    Jim Waggener, Jul 29, 2006
  12. Jim Waggener

    jayembee Guest

    "Jim Waggener" <> wrote:

    > I ordered ER Season 6 from www.chaos.com in AUS on July 21, they
    > shipped it July 23, I received it today July 29. I am impressed ,
    > from Australia to Virginia on the East coast of USA within a
    > week...damn good outfit! I'm pleased.

    That's not common, but it's not unknown, either. A lot depends
    on whether it hits the local airport at just the right time to
    get on the plane, or whether it sits in a warehouse waiting for
    a sufficient amount of mail to ship.

    I've had packages from Amazon UK get here (Seacoast New Hampshire)
    within 3-4 days. Other times, it's taken 2 weeks. The fastest
    shipment I ever got was my first order from CD Japan: Tokyo to
    Boston in 3 days.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jul 30, 2006
  13. Jim Waggener

    Jim Waggener Guest

    "jayembee" <> wrote in message

    > I've had packages from Amazon UK get here (Seacoast New Hampshire)
    > within 3-4 days. Other times, it's taken 2 weeks. The fastest
    > shipment I ever got was my first order from CD Japan: Tokyo to
    > Boston in 3 days.
    >
    > -- jayembee

    Guess I got lucky....no complaints

    Jim Waggener, Jul 30, 2006
  14. Jim Waggener

    GMAN Guest

    In article <Xns980FEDD8632ABjayembeesnurchercom@140.99.99.130>, jayembee <> wrote:
    >"Jim Waggener" <> wrote:
    >
    >> I ordered ER Season 6 from www.chaos.com in AUS on July 21, they
    >> shipped it July 23, I received it today July 29. I am impressed ,
    >> from Australia to Virginia on the East coast of USA within a
    >> week...damn good outfit! I'm pleased.

    >That's not common, but it's not unknown, either. A lot depends
    >on whether it hits the local airport at just the right time to
    >get on the plane, or whether it sits in a warehouse waiting for
    >a sufficient amount of mail to ship.
    >
    >I've had packages from Amazon UK get here (Seacoast New Hampshire)
    >within 3-4 days. Other times, it's taken 2 weeks. The fastest
    >shipment I ever got was my first order from CD Japan: Tokyo to
    >Boston in 3 days.
    >
    >-- jayembee

    Was watching a show about Amazon.com the other day and they showed one of
    their wherehouses. It looked like the place where they ended up sticking the
    Lost Ark in Raiders.

    GMAN, Jul 31, 2006
  15. Jim Waggener

    Jim Waggener Guest

    > Was watching a show about Amazon.com the other day and they showed one of
    > their wherehouses. It looked like the place where they ended up sticking
    > the
    > Lost Ark in Raiders.

    lol...one big azz place huh?

    Jim Waggener, Jul 31, 2006
  16. GMAN wrote:

    > Was watching a show about Amazon.com the other day and they showed one of
    > their wherehouses. It looked like the place where they ended up sticking the
    > Lost Ark in Raiders.

    "I'm gonna get you, Corey Haim and Corey Feldman..."

    Well, whaddaya know? War WAS the answer, after all. Go figure.

    A lone Micronaut lost in a world of Star Wars action figures,
    (The Excessively Parenthetical) Geena-- Worrier Princess

    "Reciprocity... is the key to every relationship."
    --LAPD Capt. Dudley Smith (James Cromwell), in L.A. Confidential

    "Andy Warhol once said that everyone would be famous for fifteen
    minutes. The unfortunate corollary is that everyone will also appear in
    a Freddie Prinze, Jr. movie for fifteen minutes."
    --me

    "This is like driving a Rolls Royce, naked, in mink underpants."
    --Tony Bourdain

    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it
    but at the very least you need a beer."
    -- Frank Zappa

    "I'm not sayin' it's the best thing in the world FOR ya; I'm just sayin'
    it's the best thing in the world."
    -- Alton Brown

    "The most preposterous notion that H. sapiens has ever dreamed up is
    that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes,
    wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their
    prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet
    this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all
    the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in
    all history."
    -- Robert Heinlein

    Geena Phillips, Aug 1, 2006