    Any one else get one?

    Thanks.

    , Dec 20, 2005

  2. jayembee Guest

    wrote:

    > As mentioned in the title, picked up season 4 today but there was no
    > episode insert, as there has been for the previous 3 season sets. Just
    > a Warner Brothers catalog. I am curious if there was not one put in
    > mine by mistake or WB has decided to be cheap and stop producing them.
    > Any one else get one?

    There was one in mine.

    Incidentally, for those who aren't aware, and haven't picked up the
    set yet, Target has an exclusive bonus disc bundled with this set
    that has the East Coast version of the live episode. The set itself
    only includes the West Coast version.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Dec 21, 2005

  3. Joshua Zyber Guest

    "jayembee" <> wrote in message
    > Incidentally, for those who aren't aware, and haven't picked up the
    > set yet, Target has an exclusive bonus disc bundled with this set
    > that has the East Coast version of the live episode. The set itself
    > only includes the West Coast version.

    So which is better, supposedly? I recall watching the live episode when
    it aired (East Coast version) and thinking it was the biggest mistake
    the show had made to that point.

    Joshua Zyber, Dec 22, 2005
  4. kaydigi Guest

    "Joshua Zyber" <> wrote in message
    > "jayembee" <> wrote in message
    >> Incidentally, for those who aren't aware, and haven't picked up the
    >> set yet, Target has an exclusive bonus disc bundled with this set
    >> that has the East Coast version of the live episode. The set itself
    >> only includes the West Coast version.

    > So which is better, supposedly? I recall watching the live episode when it
    > aired (East Coast version) and thinking it was the biggest mistake the
    > show had made to that point.

    How??? Spoilers Space for new watchers..

    It's Alex Kingstons first appearance.

    kaydigi, Dec 22, 2005
  5. Guest

    jayembee wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > > As mentioned in the title, picked up season 4 today but there was no
    > > episode insert, as there has been for the previous 3 season sets. Just
    > > a Warner Brothers catalog. I am curious if there was not one put in
    > > mine by mistake or WB has decided to be cheap and stop producing them.
    > > Any one else get one?

    > There was one in mine.
    >
    > Incidentally, for those who aren't aware, and haven't picked up the
    > set yet, Target has an exclusive bonus disc bundled with this set
    > that has the East Coast version of the live episode. The set itself
    > only includes the West Coast version.
    >
    > -- jayembee

    Just curious, are you from Canada? I have had a couple of the sets
    opened at 2 different locations from the store where I bought the set.
    None of them had the insert. Either Warner missed putting the insert in
    a huge batch of the sets, or there just wasnt one put in the Canadian
    version.

    , Dec 22, 2005
  6. Joshua Zyber Guest

    "kaydigi" <> wrote in message
    >> So which is better, supposedly? I recall watching the live episode
    >> when it aired (East Coast version) and thinking it was the biggest
    >> mistake the show had made to that point.

    > How??? Spoilers Space for new watchers..

    > It's Alex Kingstons first appearance.

    The "documentary" gimmick was too forced and just didn't work at all for
    me. And the production crew seemed to forget that lighting for film and
    lighting for video are two different things. The entire set looked too
    much like... well, a soundstage set, and not at all like a real
    hospital, in the harsh light of video.

    Joshua Zyber, Dec 23, 2005
  7. jayembee Guest

    wrote:

    > jayembee wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> As mentioned in the title, picked up season 4 today but there was no
    >>> episode insert, as there has been for the previous 3 season sets. Just
    >>> a Warner Brothers catalog. I am curious if there was not one put in
    >>> mine by mistake or WB has decided to be cheap and stop producing them.
    >>> Any one else get one?

    >> There was one in mine.
    >>
    >> Incidentally, for those who aren't aware, and haven't picked up the
    >> set yet, Target has an exclusive bonus disc bundled with this set
    >> that has the East Coast version of the live episode. The set itself
    >> only includes the West Coast version.

    > Just curious, are you from Canada?

    Nope. From New Hampshire.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Dec 23, 2005
  8. jayembee Guest

    "Joshua Zyber" <> wrote:

    > The "documentary" gimmick was too forced and just didn't work
    > at all for me. And the production crew seemed to forget that
    > lighting for film and lighting for video are two different things.
    > The entire set looked too much like... well, a soundstage set,
    > and not at all like a real hospital, in the harsh light of video.

    The documentary conceit was undoubtedly for the sole purpose
    of allowing multiple camera crews on the set without worrying
    about getting in each other's shots, since the viewers just assume
    they are the news crew. I thought it worked well.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Dec 23, 2005
  9. jayembee Guest

    "Joshua Zyber" <> wrote:

    > "jayembee" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> Incidentally, for those who aren't aware, and haven't picked up the
    >> set yet, Target has an exclusive bonus disc bundled with this set
    >> that has the East Coast version of the live episode. The set itself
    >> only includes the West Coast version.

    > So which is better, supposedly?

    I would assume that the general belief is that the West Coast version
    is "better", or they wouldn't have used that version. It's also quite likely
    that problems that occurred during the first performance were dealt
    with in the second. They might well think of the East Coast performance
    as the dress rehearsal.

    I, myself, haven't seen the East Coast version since it aired, and
    haven't seen the West Coast version at all. It's going to be interesting
    to compare the two. For instance, there were some spots where I
    was sure that one actor or another flubbed a line and recovered and
    moved on, and I'm interested in seeing if this is really the case after
    watching the WC version.

    > I recall watching the live episode when it aired (East Coast version) and
    > thinking it was the biggest mistake the show had made to that point.

    Quite frankly, I can't see how anyone could come to have that opinion.
    Admittedly, when I first heard that they were going to do it, I thought
    that they were certifiably bugfuck insane. Doing a live performance of
    a relatively static drama or a sitcom wouldn't present too many obstacles,
    but ER virtually never stops moving, and the dialogue is filled with
    complicated, tongue-twisting jargon (if you're not a medical professional)
    delivered at rapid-fire pace.

    The result was, as they say, a dancing bear. What's remarkable about
    a dancing bear is not that it dances well, but that it dances at all. I was
    astonished at how remarkably well the episode was blocked and
    rehearsed-to-death so that it actually worked.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Dec 23, 2005