    any suggestions, or ideas as to any other equipment a person should have, or
    about any software that is really good? All input welcome.

    Thanks.
    me, Dec 12, 2004

  2. A multimeter is always useful if you are dealing with problematic
    power supplies - you can get really good ones on ebay.
    the_angry_monkey, Dec 13, 2004

  3. me

    AG Guest

    "me" <> wrote in message
    > This is a general question addressed to everyone.
    >
    > What different kinds of equipment does everyone use?
    >
    > I am currently putting together a small business, including a portable kit
    > for field use, and was just curious as to what everyone used in their day
    > day operations. Currently I have an antistatic wrist strap, a POST Card,
    > working computer fully updated for testing purposes, and virus/spyware
    > removal, and a hard disk repair/forensic workstation, and I am looking at
    > purchasing a portable unit as well. I am also purchasing a tool kit and
    > an antistatic mat.
    > As for software I don't really have a lot of SW, but I am looking at copy
    > commander, of course a good antivirus, and partition commander.
    > What kinds of hardware does everyone keep in their kits? Does anyone have
    > any suggestions, or ideas as to any other equipment a person should have,
    > or
    > about any software that is really good? All input welcome.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Do a search for tools at Google groups and this group. There are several
    threads on this subject with lots of good tips.

    AG
    AG, Dec 13, 2004
  4. me

    leno bob Guest

    I would check up on the partition manager . I heard from a few people that
    40% of teh time the partitioning is unsuccesfull and can really give you a
    headache ..just a thought .. but good luck with everything .. i would rather
    make money for myself than work to get someone else paid any day ..
    leno bob

    leno bob, Dec 30, 2004