    Many thanks .

    --
    JeremyUK

    JeremyUK, Feb 17, 2005

  2. JeremyUK

    Chris Brown Guest

    In article <1108674464.38a3f02a83a041ea8e6ac2ad8cf545a9@teranews>,
    JeremyUK <> wrote:

    >Hoping someone can help me out.
    >
    >When I scan my transparencies the colours are way out. My greys are
    >very purple and although I can rectify things by desaturating the image
    >in photoshop I am having to compensate massively. I'm using photoshop
    >elements but photoshop itself gives me similar results. Do I need to
    >calibrate anything? Is there an alternative program I should be using?
    >Many thanks ..

    What are you using to do the scan? There is an eyedropper white-balance tool
    in Epson Scan which, if clicked over a grey area in your preview, should set
    the white balance appropriately.

    You can also do this after the fact in Photoshop, using the curves editor,
    as it also has a white-balance dropper.

    Also, check that you are setting the exposure properly for each slide in
    Epson Scan. A good place to start is to hit the autoexposure button, and
    then manually drag the highlights out a little, as Epson Scan always clips
    them slightly, and rather poorly, resulting in highlights that look really
    nasty. It's much better to go a little higher than you want to and then
    bring the highlights back to white in Photoshop with the levels editor - it
    does a much better job of it.

    Good luck with your scanning.

    Chris Brown, Feb 18, 2005