    pleased with it? Any info for or against is appreciated, thanks very much!

    Hugs
    Sally

    Sally, Jan 8, 2005

  2. Sally

    George Guest

    "Sally" <> wrote in message
    news:crnbv1$bm8$...
    > Just wondering if anyone had the above photo printer and if so are you
    > pleased with it? Any info for or against is appreciated, thanks very much!
    >
    > Hugs
    > Sally

    I have the model below it (just for printing CDs), the R200. My take on the
    R300 is that
    the quality was so similar to the R200 that I didn't consider it, but did
    look at the R800
    which was noticeably better. Personally, I'd choose between the R200 and
    the R800 based
    on your needs.

    George, Jan 8, 2005

  3. Sally

    Robert Strom Guest

    I have one, love it. Have been using Espon printers for years, and
    this is a great printer. I have had mine for over a year and have made
    hundreds of photo prints. The only problem seems to be that when I
    try to print many 81/2" x 11" prints on the premium glossy paper, the
    rollers slip and I have to "help" the printer grab the paper. Maybe
    some of the slickness of the paper is rubbing off on the rollers, but
    I can't get to the rollers to clean them. If I run a few sheets of
    card stock or matte paper through it it seems to clean the rollers.

    Have never suffered a head clog (turn the printer off when shutting
    down PC for the day)

    Prints on CD-s with very good quality though the software is "consumer
    grade"

    robert Strom

    BTW I paid 200.00 for this printer last year and now it is less than
    100.00

    Robert Strom, Jan 8, 2005
  4. Sally

    measekite Guest

    Every time you turn the printer on it sucks up and wastes ink. It will
    not hurt to leave it and your computer system on all of the time. Just
    set your monitor for power save.

    measekite, Jan 8, 2005
  5. Sally

    Robert Strom Guest

    This printer only does a head cleaning cycle if I haven't used the
    printer for a few days.

    I may be superstitous, but I have only expereinced head clogs (on my
    espon printers) when I have left the unit on. I don't remember where
    I read this, but it sticks in my mind that when you turn the printer
    off, the heads rest on the sponges and keep the heads from drying out.

    Robert Strom, Jan 9, 2005