    variable, a 'dangling' pointer, or an expression that indexes an array
    beyond its bounds. Whole categories of bugs that routinely plague C and C++
    programs are thus eliminated." - A. Hejlsberg, The C# Programming Language

    Michael A. Covington, Dec 2, 2003

  2. It prints good quality photos, you could fall in love with its output.
    HOWEVER:
    If you're only occasionally printing photos, you will find, that you'll
    spend heaps and heaps of ink on cleaning cycles and even more on the
    occasional blockage. This printer wants to print every 2-3 days to avoid
    drying out the tiny nozzleblocks. Recommended for frequent users. ( my 2
    cents worth - no wait - my $AUD 40 worth [per cartridge]).

    Good luck.
    H.N.

    ------------------------

    Herbert Nagler, Dec 3, 2003

  3. Actually I bought an Epson R300 today. Less expensive; similar; excellent
    photo quality.

    And I'll remember to print something in color every few days.

    Michael A. Covington, Dec 3, 2003
  4. Michael A. Covington

    Mark B. Guest

    "Herbert Nagler" <> wrote in message
    > It prints good quality photos, you could fall in love with its output.
    > HOWEVER:
    > If you're only occasionally printing photos, you will find, that you'll
    > spend heaps and heaps of ink on cleaning cycles and even more on the
    > occasional blockage. This printer wants to print every 2-3 days to avoid
    > drying out the tiny nozzleblocks. Recommended for frequent users. ( my 2
    > cents worth - no wait - my $AUD 40 worth [per cartridge]).
    >
    > Good luck.
    > H.N.

    I can go a week between printing on my Epson 870, which is an even older
    model. As long as it's turned off at the printer and not with a power
    strip, the heads don't clog nor do I need to go through as many cleaning
    cycles.

    Mark

    Mark B., Dec 3, 2003
  5. Michael A. Covington

    snowball Guest

    This is a quality printer that comes with a cd kit. Ink costs are also
    reasonable. Go for it.

    "Michael A. Covington" <> wrote
    in message news:...
    > Is there any reason I should avoid this printer?
    >
    > Main application is occasional printing of photos. I also need to be able
    > to print on CDs without using stick-on labels.
    >
    > Does one need the extra "CD kit" to print on a CD, or can it be done with
    > ordinary graphics software as long as you position it right?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Michael A. Covington - Artificial Intelligence Ctr - University of Georgia
    >
    > "In the core C# language it is simply not possible to have an

    uninitialized

    snowball, Dec 14, 2003