Epson Stylus CX5800F Scanner Problem

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by smackedass, Nov 27, 2006.

  1. smackedass

    smackedass Guest

    Here's a copy of an email that I just sent off to Epson. They have no
    online chat technicians, shame...

    Hello, I am unable to scan with my CX5800F all-in-one.

    Specs:

    Epson Stylus CX5800F:

    Serial Number:G4EV240285
    Date Purchased: Aug. 20, 2006

    Computer:

    HP Pavillion 750N
    Windows XP SP2
    256 MB RAM

    At first, every time that I went to the EPSON Scan utility, the entire
    computer would crash, and I would get an "Encountered an Error" message
    after Windows rebooted. Then I went to the Epson site, and downloaded the
    TWAIN driver, epson11750, un-installed the older Scan driver, unzipped and
    installed the new one. Now the computer doesn't crash, but the Epson scan
    utility doesn't come up, it simply opens and turns off very quickly.

    The printer prints fine, great, in fact; the copier works fine; I have yet
    to use the fax.

    The icon, EPSON Stylus CX5700F/CX5800F appears in Control Panel/Scanners and
    Cameras. However, when I attempt to add a new driver, choosing "Have Disk"
    and pointing to
    C:\Epson\epson11750_cx58f_twain_driver_and_epson_scan_utility_275a, the
    driver is not "seen".

    I also updated the driver through Device Manager; here, Windows "saw" the
    driver, and installed it. I still can't scan.

    I have tried two different USB ports, one v. 1.0 and one v. 2.0.

    I have tried two different USB cables through each of the USB ports, both
    1.0 and 2.0.

    When I run the Scanner and Camera Wizard, I get the message, "The computer
    cannot find the camera or scanner", etc.

    I am an expert user, and a professional technician/consultant; perhaps there
    is an obvious answer right in front of me that I am not seeing...

    Please help.

    Thank you.

    Sincerely,

    Ken Newton, Proprietor