    my printer seems to only want to use one color at a time, not all 3
    together. Guess I shouldnt have used generic toner, but is there any
    remedy? thanks

    Elijah, Sep 8, 2003

  2. Elijah

    Boomer Guest

    Elijah said:

    > howdy!
    > epson stylus color 440
    > my printer seems to only want to use one color at a time, not
    > all 3 together. Guess I shouldnt have used generic toner, but
    > is there any remedy? thanks

    Maybe ask over at this group

    comp.periphs.printers

    Boomer, Sep 8, 2003

  3. Elijah

    Cubzilla Guest

    "Elijah" <> wrote in message
    > howdy!
    > epson stylus color 440
    > my printer seems to only want to use one color at a time, not all 3
    > together. Guess I shouldnt have used generic toner, but is there any
    > remedy? thanks

    Erm isn't a 440 an inkjet ie uses ink

    and you've been using toner lol, guess its a typo

    Regards

    Cubzilla, Sep 8, 2003
  4. Elijah

    DaveJ Guest

    "Elijah" <> wrote in message
    > howdy!
    > epson stylus color 440
    > my printer seems to only want to use one color at a time, not all 3
    > together. Guess I shouldnt have used generic toner, but is there any
    > remedy? thanks

    Have you tried running a head-cleaning cycle - I had a similar problem with
    an Epson 760 and this cleared it. I actually ran alignment, head-clean,
    then alignment again - was printing 3 colours, but 2 of them were
    faint/patchy before I ran the cycles (more obvious what's happening on the
    alignment print).

    regards,
    DaveJ.

    DaveJ, Sep 13, 2003
  5. Elijah

    Kevin Wallis Guest

    BUY NEW A NEW ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    KEV

    Kevin Wallis, Sep 13, 2003
  6. DaveJ wrote:

    > "Elijah" <> wrote in message
    >> howdy!
    >> epson stylus color 440
    >> my printer seems to only want to use one color at a time, not all 3
    >> together. Guess I shouldnt have used generic toner, but is there any
    >> remedy? thanks

    > Have you tried running a head-cleaning cycle - I had a similar problem with

    Might take more'n that to get *toner* outta those nozzles. :)

    > an Epson 760 and this cleared it. I actually ran alignment, head-clean,
    > then alignment again - was printing 3 colours, but 2 of them were
    > faint/patchy before I ran the cycles (more obvious what's happening on the
    > alignment print).

    Good advice, and I have none better...but I do have something on the
    edge of this subject, to relate. I hear comments about Epsons being
    easily fouled; I hear stuff about them needing to be used at least
    every couple-three weeks, or they'll plug up. I'm not saying these
    reports are *wrong*, but I just had a little moment with my couple-year
    old 660 that went just the *other* way. I had not even plugged it into
    the power strip for 13 months, and I had a need for it. I hooked it up,
    and for fun ran a test page without any prep. Most of it printed, and
    what printed printed just fine. But it kept stopping at a certain line.
    Did a head clean once, and it worked perfectly. Thought that was pretty
    nifty, after more than a year on the shelf, and just wanted to share. :)

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 297263
    Nixon's secretary now at MS? http://snurl.com/rosemary

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 14, 2003
  7. Elijah

    DaveJ Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > DaveJ wrote:
    >
    > > "Elijah" <> wrote in message
    > >> howdy!
    > >> epson stylus color 440
    > >> my printer seems to only want to use one color at a time, not all 3
    > >> together. Guess I shouldnt have used generic toner, but is there any
    > >> remedy? thanks

    > > Have you tried running a head-cleaning cycle - I had a similar problem

    with

    > Might take more'n that to get *toner* outta those nozzles. :)
    >
    > > an Epson 760 and this cleared it. I actually ran alignment, head-clean,
    > > then alignment again - was printing 3 colours, but 2 of them were
    > > faint/patchy before I ran the cycles (more obvious what's happening on

    the
    > > alignment print).

    > Good advice, and I have none better...but I do have something on the
    > edge of this subject, to relate. I hear comments about Epsons being
    > easily fouled; I hear stuff about them needing to be used at least
    > every couple-three weeks, or they'll plug up. I'm not saying these
    > reports are *wrong*, but I just had a little moment with my couple-year
    > old 660 that went just the *other* way. I had not even plugged it into
    > the power strip for 13 months, and I had a need for it. I hooked it up,
    > and for fun ran a test page without any prep. Most of it printed, and
    > what printed printed just fine. But it kept stopping at a certain line.
    > Did a head clean once, and it worked perfectly. Thought that was pretty
    > nifty, after more than a year on the shelf, and just wanted to share. :)
    >
    > --
    > Blinky Linux RU 297263
    > Nixon's secretary now at MS? http://snurl.com/rosemary

    Yes, same here Blinky, only use the 760 for printing photos, so only gets
    hauled out when I want to change a picture, or if somebody wants a print. I
    suspect it's like most things computery - the older stuff is better built
    (and was relatively much higher price), but tends to keep going longer (too
    long in most cases...).

    regards,
    DaveJ.

    DaveJ, Sep 14, 2003
  8. DaveJ wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >> Good advice, and I have none better...but I do have something on the
    >> edge of this subject, to relate. I hear comments about Epsons being
    >> easily fouled; I hear stuff about them needing to be used at least
    >> every couple-three weeks, or they'll plug up. I'm not saying these
    >> reports are *wrong*, but I just had a little moment with my couple-year
    >> old 660 that went just the *other* way. I had not even plugged it into
    >> the power strip for 13 months, and I had a need for it. I hooked it up,
    >> and for fun ran a test page without any prep. Most of it printed, and
    >> what printed printed just fine. But it kept stopping at a certain line.
    >> Did a head clean once, and it worked perfectly. Thought that was pretty
    >> nifty, after more than a year on the shelf, and just wanted to share. :)

    > Yes, same here Blinky, only use the 760 for printing photos, so only gets
    > hauled out when I want to change a picture, or if somebody wants a print. I
    > suspect it's like most things computery - the older stuff is better built
    > (and was relatively much higher price), but tends to keep going longer (too
    > long in most cases...).

    Actully, my 660's only four years old, and only cost $99. Okay, four
    years is "middle age", for a peripheral like that, I guess, but it sure
    wasn't a high-end machine.

    *That* would be my $1,100 LaserJet 4P, from 1994 or 1995. Finally
    broke, this year. What an ol' workhorse, though. (I still have it, and am
    considering fixing it.)

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 15, 2003