Epson Stylus 2100 Drivers

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Michael Slater, Jan 4, 2004.

  1. Out of curiosity, I wondered if there were better drivers for my Epson
    Stylus 2100. On the http://www.epson.co.uk technical support site I
    found they listed "Printer Driver Windows XP 5.3a" for the "Stylus
    Photo 2100"

    When I browsed my device manager, under "EPSON 1394.3 Printer Devices"
    I have the "Epson 1394.3 Printer." It' driver details are:

    EPSON 1394.3 Printer
    Driver Provider: Epson
    Driver Date 2/14/2002
    Driver Version 1.0.12.0
    Digital Signer: MS Windows Hardware Compatibility

    So wow! At first blush, it appears I am using a 1.0 driver when there
    exists a 5.3a driver.

    Before I go leaping headlong into updating this, does this make sense?
    Anyone know what the newer driver does? I actually haven't had any
    problems with the printer. It's not very fast, but that's all.

    The "downloads" page also lists: "Status Monitor 3 Windows XP 3.0a"
    I'm not sure how to tell what version my existing status monitor is.
    Michael Slater, Jan 4, 2004

  2. Michael Slater

    Mark Herring Guest

    If you are looking for Epson drivers, go to their web site---What you
    see is what you get.....

    What do you mean by "better"? What issue are you having?

    On 4 Jan 2004 07:03:56 -0800, (Michael
    Slater) wrote:

    >Out of curiosity, I wondered if there were better drivers for my Epson
    >Stylus 2100. On the http://www.epson.co.uk technical support site I
    >found they listed "Printer Driver Windows XP 5.3a" for the "Stylus
    >Photo 2100"
    >
    >When I browsed my device manager, under "EPSON 1394.3 Printer Devices"
    >I have the "Epson 1394.3 Printer." It' driver details are:
    >
    >EPSON 1394.3 Printer
    >Driver Provider: Epson
    >Driver Date 2/14/2002
    >Driver Version 1.0.12.0
    >Digital Signer: MS Windows Hardware Compatibility
    >

    >So wow! At first blush, it appears I am using a 1.0 driver when there
    >exists a 5.3a driver.
    >
    >Before I go leaping headlong into updating this, does this make sense?
    > Anyone know what the newer driver does? I actually haven't had any
    >problems with the printer. It's not very fast, but that's all.
    >
    >The "downloads" page also lists: "Status Monitor 3 Windows XP 3.0a"
    >I'm not sure how to tell what version my existing status monitor is.

    **************************
    Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
    Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".
    Mark Herring, Jan 5, 2004

  3. Michael Slater

    Rafe B. Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 19:16:06 -0800, Mark Herring
    <> wrote:

    >>Before I go leaping headlong into updating this, does this make sense?
    >> Anyone know what the newer driver does? I actually haven't had any
    >>problems with the printer. It's not very fast, but that's all.

    In high quality (photo) mode, Epson's aren't fast.

    A driver upgrade isn't going to change that.

    rafe b.
    http://www.terrapinphoto.com
    Rafe B., Jan 5, 2004