    Its driving me nuts and any help would be very much appreciated

    --
    JeremyUK
    JeremyUK, Jan 21, 2005

  2. In article <1106298440.6513d2ad45ffe8d68fd5e09fad7dea09@teranews>,
    says...

    > I'm running OS10.3 and have bought an Epson 4870 as I need to scan 6 x 4
    > transparencies. Whichever settings I use on Twain Acquire the scanner
    > loads the image as though it was reading 35mm slides. I end up with a
    > succession of cropped thumbnails of the original. The older version of
    > Epson Scan which I had from my previous scanner was throwing up
    > allsorts of error messages and would do the same thing unless I scanned
    > using professional mode. I downloaded Version 2.3 and while I've said
    > goodbye to the errors I'm back to square one with the transparencies.
    > Its driving me nuts and any help would be very much appreciated.
    >

    > --
    > JeremyUK

    Doesn't the new version of the scan software also have a pro mode?
    Another thing to try is the shareware program Vuescan from
    http://hamrick.com
    You can download a copy and try for free. It will put $$$ over
    the image until you pay for it, but you can evaluate it well
    enough.
    Full support for cropping, resizing and basic color adjustments.
    The interface is a bit unique, though...

    --
    Robert D Feinman
    http://robertdfeinman.com
    Robert Feinman, Jan 21, 2005