    --
    There is nothing wrong with having nothing to say unless you insist on
    saying it.
    DS, Jan 15, 2006

  2. DS

    Kevin Guest

    "DS" <> wrote in message
    news:7vjyf.9299$!nnrp1.uunet.ca...
    >I have a gadget that resets the chip on the cartridges for my Epson C62 and
    > it works fine. However the heads seem to clog up.
    > The cartridges in question have only been refilled once. Headcleaning
    > works
    > for a while but then it happens again. What I'm saving in ink I'm wasting
    > in
    > paper.
    > Any tips,ideas, suggestions?
    > ds
    >

    > --
    > There is nothing wrong with having nothing to say unless you insist on
    > saying it.

    I never use anything but genuine Epson cartridges in my Stylus Photo R200.
    Inkjet nozzles clog. This is a fact of life. Epson nozzles seem to clog
    more and more often than others but they all clog at one time or another.
    If you are going to use refilled or remanufactured cartridges, shop for the
    best rated cartridges you can find.

    If you do some looking on sites like www.pcworld.com, or www.pcmagazine.com
    and check out their product evaluations, you will see that refilled or
    remanufactured inkjet cartridges do not perform as well as genuine factory
    OEM cartridges.
    Kevin, Jan 15, 2006

  3. DS

    Mark² Guest

    DS wrote:
    > I have a gadget that resets the chip on the cartridges for my Epson
    > C62 and it works fine. However the heads seem to clog up.
    > The cartridges in question have only been refilled once. Headcleaning
    > works for a while but then it happens again. What I'm saving in ink
    > I'm wasting in paper.
    > Any tips,ideas, suggestions?
    > ds

    Suggestion: You won't like it...but...Buy Epson's inks.
    Really...even when it doesn't clog, you're very likely giving up longevity,
    color accuracy and inviting stress that comes from never knowing when your
    printer is going to quit on you due to more clogs.
    Mark², Jan 15, 2006
  4. Mark² wrote:
    > DS wrote:
    >> I have a gadget that resets the chip on the cartridges for my Epson
    >> C62 and it works fine. However the heads seem to clog up.
    >> The cartridges in question have only been refilled once. Headcleaning
    >> works for a while but then it happens again. What I'm saving in ink
    >> I'm wasting in paper.
    >> Any tips,ideas, suggestions?
    >> ds

    > Suggestion: You won't like it...but...Buy Epson's inks.
    > Really...even when it doesn't clog, you're very likely giving up
    > longevity, color accuracy and inviting stress that comes from never
    > knowing when your printer is going to quit on you due to more clogs.

    The problem is not with the cartridges but with the print heads. Epsom print
    heads are part of the machine, but with some others, such as Lexmark, your
    new cartridge includes new printheads, which is why they are more expensive,
    you throw away the printhead every time you buy a new cartridge. All
    replacement cartridges are ridiculously expensive anyway, but new printers
    are ridiculously cheap. It's called marketing, and applies to wet shaving
    systems too, the new razour costs much less than the replacement blades, so
    Joe Soap gets a new razor, but finds he can't afford new blades, so he goes
    out and buys another razor, which is supposed to be a new "revolutionary
    concept in shaving". My arse!

    They are all "at it", so what can you do? Refilling is only a partial answer
    to the problem. The re-fillers are mostly franchisees, and they wouldn't be
    doing it if they weren't in it for a quick buck or two, would they?

    Until some entirely new printing technology arrives, we are stuck with it.
    My own solution is only to print what is absolutely essential, and lots of
    my friends are cottoning-on to the fact that we print out photos only
    because that is what we did when film cameras and film processing was all
    the rage. Why do we do this, for heaven's sake, then stick all the prints in
    a drawer and forget about them?

    Your hard disk is the place to store photos, backed up with some electronic
    wizardry such as a memory stick. If you want to pass photos around a group,
    use a pocket PC with card storage facilities. Use a 20" LCD to examine your
    photos in detail. Throw your printer away!

    Dennis.
    Dennis Pogson, Jan 15, 2006
  5. DS

    Celcius Guest

    DS,

    I'll second what all others have said.
    I once bought third party inks for Epson and although the printing
    heads didn't clog up, the ink faded super fast.
    I have been using epsons for colour prints all along. Now, I use the
    Epson Style Photo R300 with Epson ink and Epson paper. The results are
    great.

    Cheers,

    Marcel
    Celcius, Jan 15, 2006
  6. DS

    Matt Ion Guest

    Kevin wrote:

    > I never use anything but genuine Epson cartridges in my Stylus Photo R200.
    > Inkjet nozzles clog. This is a fact of life. Epson nozzles seem to clog
    > more and more often than others but they all clog at one time or another.
    > If you are going to use refilled or remanufactured cartridges, shop for the
    > best rated cartridges you can find.
    >
    > If you do some looking on sites like www.pcworld.com, or www.pcmagazine.com
    > and check out their product evaluations, you will see that refilled or
    > remanufactured inkjet cartridges do not perform as well as genuine factory
    > OEM cartridges.

    FWIW, I've had my Canon iP6000D almost a year now, once went two months
    without printing anything, and it's never once clogged or even required
    a printhead cleaning.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0603-0, 01/15/2006
    Tested on: 1/15/2006 1:23:55 PM
    Matt Ion, Jan 15, 2006
  7. DS

    Alan Guest

    In message <7vjyf.9299$!nnrp1.uunet.ca>, DS
    <> wrote
    >I have a gadget that resets the chip on the cartridges for my Epson C62 and
    >it works fine. However the heads seem to clog up.
    >The cartridges in question have only been refilled once. Headcleaning works
    >for a while but then it happens again. What I'm saving in ink I'm wasting in
    >paper.
    >Any tips,ideas, suggestions?

    I don't refill but I do use Printworks Compatible Epson Cartridges on my
    Epson C66 without problems, often with 3/4 weeks between printing.

    Your problem may be related to the quality of the ink but the compatible
    cartridges that I buy are less than 1 GBP each (around 4 GBP for the
    complete set).

    <http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Products.ASP?CatID=32&Category=Printers&T
    humbnails=yes>

    <http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=150715>

    The only thing to watch with this UK supplier is the minimum postage
    charge of around 8 GBP which makes orders with a few low value items
    rather expensive..

    --
    Alan
    news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
    Alan, Jan 16, 2006
  8. DS

    Paul J Gans Guest

    Kevin <> wrote:

    >I never use anything but genuine Epson cartridges in my Stylus Photo R200.
    >Inkjet nozzles clog. This is a fact of life. Epson nozzles seem to clog
    >more and more often than others but they all clog at one time or another.
    >If you are going to use refilled or remanufactured cartridges, shop for the
    >best rated cartridges you can find.

    >If you do some looking on sites like www.pcworld.com, or www.pcmagazine.com
    >and check out their product evaluations, you will see that refilled or
    >remanufactured inkjet cartridges do not perform as well as genuine factory
    >OEM cartridges.

    I'm absolutely shocked to hear that. I fully expected
    those two magazine sites to knock the overpriced cartridges
    of the major manufacturers and tell their devoted readers
    where they can get decent cartridges for less.

    Shocked. Just shocked!

    ----- Paul J. Gans

    PS: The above is irony. It is not great irony, scoring only
    a 6.5 on my Flash Standard Irony meter (which can also be used
    to calibrate computer screens), but irony nevertheless.
    Paul J Gans, Jan 16, 2006
  9. DS

    Mark² Guest

    Paul J Gans wrote:
    > Kevin <> wrote:
    >
    >> I never use anything but genuine Epson cartridges in my Stylus Photo
    >> R200. Inkjet nozzles clog. This is a fact of life. Epson nozzles
    >> seem to clog more and more often than others but they all clog at
    >> one time or another. If you are going to use refilled or
    >> remanufactured cartridges, shop for the best rated cartridges you
    >> can find.

    >> If you do some looking on sites like www.pcworld.com, or
    >> www.pcmagazine.com and check out their product evaluations, you will
    >> see that refilled or remanufactured inkjet cartridges do not perform
    >> as well as genuine factory OEM cartridges.

    > I'm absolutely shocked to hear that. I fully expected
    > those two magazine sites to knock the overpriced cartridges
    > of the major manufacturers and tell their devoted readers
    > where they can get decent cartridges for less.
    >
    > Shocked. Just shocked!

    I'm also shocked....SHOCKED to see that GAMBLING is going on in here!
    (Your winnings, sir)
    -Thank you...very much!
    :)
    Mark², Jan 16, 2006
  10. DS

    Paul J Gans Guest

    "Mark?" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >Paul J Gans wrote:
    >> Kevin <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I never use anything but genuine Epson cartridges in my Stylus Photo
    >>> R200. Inkjet nozzles clog. This is a fact of life. Epson nozzles
    >>> seem to clog more and more often than others but they all clog at
    >>> one time or another. If you are going to use refilled or
    >>> remanufactured cartridges, shop for the best rated cartridges you
    >>> can find.

    >>> If you do some looking on sites like www.pcworld.com, or
    >>> www.pcmagazine.com and check out their product evaluations, you will
    >>> see that refilled or remanufactured inkjet cartridges do not perform
    >>> as well as genuine factory OEM cartridges.

    >> I'm absolutely shocked to hear that. I fully expected
    >> those two magazine sites to knock the overpriced cartridges
    >> of the major manufacturers and tell their devoted readers
    >> where they can get decent cartridges for less.
    >>
    >> Shocked. Just shocked!

    >I'm also shocked....SHOCKED to see that GAMBLING is going on in here!
    >(Your winnings, sir)
    >-Thank you...very much!
    >:)

    White House.

    ---- Paul J. Gans
    Paul J Gans, Jan 16, 2006
  11. DS

    Mark² Guest

    Paul J Gans wrote:
    > "Mark?" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >> Paul J Gans wrote:

    >>> I'm absolutely shocked to hear that. I fully expected
    >>> those two magazine sites to knock the overpriced cartridges
    >>> of the major manufacturers and tell their devoted readers
    >>> where they can get decent cartridges for less.
    >>>
    >>> Shocked. Just shocked!

    >> I'm also shocked....SHOCKED to see that GAMBLING is going on in here!
    >> (Your winnings, sir)
    >> -Thank you...very much!
    >> :)

    > White House.

    Rick's.
    Mark², Jan 16, 2006
  12. DS

    Paul J Gans Guest

    "Mark?" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >Paul J Gans wrote:

    >>> I'm also shocked....SHOCKED to see that GAMBLING is going on in here!
    >>> (Your winnings, sir)
    >>> -Thank you...very much!
    >>> :)

    >> White House.