Epson R800 worth waiting for?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Pmatt, Nov 1, 2003.

  1. Pmatt

    Pmatt Guest

    Pmatt, Nov 1, 2003

  2. Pmatt

    at Guest

    On 1 Nov 2003 19:46:55 GMT, Pmatt <> wrote:

    >http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,113172,00.asp
    >
    >I was just about decided on buying the Canon i960 or possible i9100, but
    >this one sounds pretty interesting, but not out until January. Do you
    >think it really will be significantly better than the current generation
    >of inkjets? And how long will it take them to come out with a
    >wide-carriage version?
    >
    >There is some discussion of it on dpreview...
    >http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1003&message=6500960

    FWIW - I just visited the photo show in NYC today with the goal of
    looking at photo-quality printers. They did have the R800 there
    printing away quite impressively. However, around the corner there
    say the i960 and the print quality absolutely BLEW ME AWAY all the way
    to 8 1/2 x 11 and the i9100 did 13 x 19 astoundingly. Me, not even
    knowing the R800 was still not available would (will) definition
    choose the 960.

    Good luck.
    at, Nov 2, 2003

  3. Pmatt

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Bob Mariotti <R.Mariotti> wrote:
    > Pmatt <> wrote:

    >>http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,113172,00.asp
    >>
    >>I was just about decided on buying the Canon i960 or possible i9100, but
    >>this one sounds pretty interesting, but not out until January. Do you
    >>think it really will be significantly better than the current generation
    >>of inkjets? And how long will it take them to come out with a
    >>wide-carriage version?
    >>
    >>There is some discussion of it on dpreview...
    >>http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1003&message=6500960
    >>

    > FWIW - I just visited the photo show in NYC today with the goal of
    >looking at photo-quality printers. They did have the R800 there
    >printing away quite impressively. However, around the corner there
    >say the i960 and the print quality absolutely BLEW ME AWAY all the way
    >to 8 1/2 x 11 and the i9100 did 13 x 19 astoundingly. Me, not even
    >knowing the R800 was still not available would (will) definition
    >choose the 960.

    The size of the print has no effect on the quality as far as the
    printer is concerned. While being able to print 13x9 is important to
    some people, the quality of the printer is the same whether the paper
    is 16x20 or 3x5.

    --
    Ray Fischer
    Ray Fischer, Nov 2, 2003