    used generic and settled on the heavyweight matte as the preferred paper.

    Seriously thinking of getting an R800 because I don't need the 11X14 any
    more, but I want to know if I'll be doing the same thing with it.
    Tony Nazar, Sep 24, 2006

  2. On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 21:38:03 GMT, in rec.photo.digital Tony Nazar
    <> wrote:

    >Specifically, is it easy to keep clean?
    >
    >I've been using a 1280 for a number of years - since they replaced the
    >1270 - and I find I'm spending more time cleaning up ink on the rollers
    >and their carriage than printing. For you Epson techs who are about to
    >tell me I should use Epson inks and paper, that's all I use. I've never
    >used generic and settled on the heavyweight matte as the preferred paper.
    >
    >Seriously thinking of getting an R800 because I don't need the 11X14 any
    >more, but I want to know if I'll be doing the same thing with it.

    I went from a 1270 to an R800. The color gamut is a bit different. Do you
    work in a color managed work flow?
    --
    Ed Ruf ()
    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Sep 24, 2006

  3. Tony Nazar

    Tony Nazar Guest

    In article <>,
    "Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)" <> wrote:

    > I went from a 1270 to an R800. The color gamut is a bit different. Do you
    > work in a color managed work flow?

    Monaco's
    Tony Nazar, Sep 25, 2006
  4. Tony Nazar

    bmoag Guest

    I went from a dying 1280 to an R1800 (same inks as r800).
    Superior color gamut.
    I would still recommend printing a nozzle check prior to every printing
    session: a great printer but still an Epson.
    bmoag, Sep 25, 2006
  5. Tony Nazar

    frederick Guest

    bmoag wrote:
    > I went from a dying 1280 to an R1800 (same inks as r800).
    > Superior color gamut.
    > I would still recommend printing a nozzle check prior to every printing
    > session: a great printer but still an Epson.

    After almost 18 months of use, I've still not needed to do a manual head
    clean with my R1800, so never bother with a nozzle check.
    FWIW I always leave the printer on - except when I've been away from
    home for more than a few weeks. Perhaps I have just been lucky.
    frederick, Sep 25, 2006